Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Decay said:

They are set to: array --> cache.

How to solve that?

Two points to note:

• Mover will not move all files if the docker and VM services are enabled
  • Mover will not overwrite existing files, so if the same file exists on both cache and array you will have to manually decide which copy to keep and delete the other one.

Since you have Dynamix File Manager you can take care of this yourself without getting mover involved, but ...

Nothing can move open files. Disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings.

Also, mover won't replace files so if a file exists in both places you will have to decide which to keep.

You can see how much of each disk/pool is used by each User Share by clicking Compute... for the share on the User Shares page.

Is it a wrong configuration? All files are marked with the cache as location. I added a screen of the appdata sahre setting.

Just trying to find it in the diagnostics.

Edit: I found it in the diagnostics. When I backed up the cache drive, I copied all onto a folder, location is on disc1, is that the problem?

appdata.JPG

Edited by Decay

The share settings are fine, but those settings only control where new files are written, or where mover will move files. By themselves, the settings won't move anything.

Did you try to move anything with mover or with Dynamix File Manager? 

Nothing can move open files.

3 minutes ago, Decay said:

The folder I used for backup has a unique name, but all inside has the same folder name. Probably I should delete them.

That is not a problem, and would be a standard way of backing up to the array.   It is only if the top level folder corresponds to a share name that would be an issue.

3 minutes ago, Decay said:

The folder I used for backup has a unique name, but all inside has the same folder name

That means everything in that folder is in the "unique name" share, not in the shares we are discussing.

You don't really need diagnostics to see this for yourself.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You can see how much of each disk/pool is used by each User Share by clicking Compute... for the share on the User Shares page.

29 minutes ago, trurl said:

That means everything in that folder is in the "unique name" share, not in the shares we are discussing.

Yes, all data and folders I backed up are in the "unique name" share. Just in that share are all folders have the original name.

Edit: I´ll try something. I´ll add "_TMP" to the backup folders and will see what is going to happen.

Edit2: Renaming doesn´t solved it. It looks like there are no data on the array, attaced some screenshots.

appdat.JPG

system.JPG

Edited by Decay