Unmountable device, wrong or no file system

Posted (edited)

Yeah, there are things I tried out and I don´t need it any more. Can I just delete them from the cache?

I read the links you posted and I understand how to reinstall my apps, should I go on with that? After I recreated the docker file.

Edited by Decay
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Decay said:

Can I just delete them from the cache?

Yes, that will delete their appdata. There is also a plugin (Appdata Cleanup) which will let you delete appdata for any containers that are not installed but you can do it yourself.

The templates will still exist on flash but that's fine.

30 minutes ago, trurl said:

Previous Apps will let you install everything it finds a template for on your flash drive

The templates are the settings from the Add Container page for each container, such as path mappings, etc. If you are interested those are XML files on the flash drive in config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user and you can delete any of those you don't want too.

27 minutes ago, Decay said:

I understand how to reinstall my apps, should I go on with that?

Yes.

Let us know how it goes, and post new diagnostics so we can check.

Also, you can see how much of each disk is used by each user share by clicking Compute... for the share or the Compute All button on the User Shares page. That will let you check that none of those shares got recreated on the array, just in case you had specified an array disk for one of the host paths, for example.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the answer, I´ll come back when I am done with all steps.

I can´t delete things in appdata, tried it on disk1 and cache.

/mnt/disk1/appdata# rm -R krusader/
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/mesa_shader_cache/index': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/fontconfig/CACHEDIR.TAG': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/fontconfig/da0ae53b-a7c0-4332-b806-e66b20df4de5-le64.cache-7': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/fontconfig/84eaa604-46c6-4d8d-96ac-b9b19f57a8d3-le64.cache-7': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/fontconfig/fddf1e69-64dd-4c8b-b21c-27cf979c8278-le64.cache-7': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/fontconfig/ca1efe9f-8a26-435b-a8cf-68d89f402786-le64.cache-7': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/fontconfig/a7093d83-824e-4de2-b617-2f7a8b776138-le64.cache-7': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/fontconfig/bf24ad21-d634-4d55-a3c5-773763dba0a8-le64.cache-7': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/fontconfig/65d33a6e-b2ea-427c-951a-d0a8bfeb4f51-le64.cache-7': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/icon-cache.kcache': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.cache/ksycoca5_en_tur95JKiz3tJK4gWAuTQsmmfS6w=': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.config/krusaderrc': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.config/trashrc': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.config/dconf/user': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.config/enchant/en_US.dic': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.config/enchant/en_US.exc': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.config/gedit/accels': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.dbus/session-bus/e6b4a7b23cb9467eba7b16a5942c8b3b-99': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.local/share/user-places.xbel.tbcache': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.local/share/user-places.xbel.bak': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.local/share/user-places.xbel': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.local/share/Trash/directorysizes': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.local/share/gedit/gedit-metadata.xml': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.local/share/recently-used.xbel': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'krusader/.Xauthority': Read-only file system

Edited by Decay

Disk1 is read-only. Didn't notice anything about cache being read-only.

Some things going on with disk2 also which ends like this after many syslog entries

BTRFS info (device md2p1): balance: ended with status: 0

so I guess that is OK but don't know why it was doing balance on disk2.

I've never had btrfs problems, but I only use it on my 2 disk cache pool. Most people don't seem to use it on the parity array. Don't have any experience with fixing that filesystem, but based on what I see in the forum it seems more fragile and harder to fix than XFS, despite whatever other advantages it might have.

Let me ping @JorgeB for advice.

Doesn't look like we have mentioned memtest in this thread yet. Wouldn't hurt to do memtest just to eliminate that as a problem.

Jan  6 18:57:36 unraid kernel: BTRFS: error (device md1p1: state A) in __btrfs_free_extent:3075: errno=-5 IO failure
Jan  6 18:57:36 unraid kernel: BTRFS info (device md1p1: state EA): forced readonly

Disk1 is still going read only, there are other issues besides the log tree, because of that recommend backing up and re-formatting.

Hi again, I tried a memtest but I wasn´t able to do that.  The Computer does not turn on again, just starts and directly stops. Because the hardware is so old I decided to order a new CPU, Mainboard and Ram. When the Hardware arrives I´ll come back an report what happened. Everything should arrive on Tuesday. In any case, it was time to replace the hardware, now there is at least a reason.

@JorgeB Thank you for the comment. I think I´ll do that when the computer is runnung again.

So far, thank you all.

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:
Jan  6 18:57:36 unraid kernel: BTRFS: error (device md1p1: state A) in __btrfs_free_extent:3075: errno=-5 IO failure
Jan  6 18:57:36 unraid kernel: BTRFS info (device md1p1: state EA): forced readonly

Disk1 is still going read only, there are other issues besides the log tree, because of that recommend backing up and re-formatting.

At the moment I am looking for a good way to backup the data from disk1. Perhaps I can prepare something before the new hardware arrives.

I checked the documentation but I couldn´t find anything for backing up one disk.

How could I backup the data from only disk1 or do I have to backup all disks?

Start the array with only disk1 attached?

Hardware I got to prepare the backup: 2x 3tb disks, 1x Synology Disk Station

I have two ways in mind:

1. I Put a new disk into the machine and copy all data to this disk.

2. I could copy all data to a Synology, reformat the disk and copy all back.

3. ... Any other way to do it?

I have a small update.

The hardware arrived and the system works again but I still have to reformat drive1. Badly I´m missing a cable, so I can´t attach the drive for the backup. The cable will arrive tomorrow and then I can start the backup.

Sorry that it took so long till I got a update.

I tried to copie the data to another disk and decided to upgrade/ renew my disks, they are quite old. At the moment I can´t add another disk into the Computer but my sata extension card does not find the unassigned drive. just have to figure out why. I think the extension card needs to be configured to use the other four slots for drives.

Edit: The cable was the problem, now I can start to copy. After copying is done I post a new diagnostic file.

@trurl You said, that I should not format any disk which has my data. How should I proceed, I thought I need to format drive1 after all data are on the unassigned drive.

unraid-diagnostics-20240114-1343.zip

Edited by Decay

Unfortunately, I can only continue working on the problem at the end of the week at the moment, so the current status is somewhat delayed.
I was finally able to format the HDD yesterday evening and then immediately started to copy the data back.
I hope it wasn't wrong...
The copying process is still taking a while, but land is in sight. After that I'll post the diagnostic data again, I won't do anything before that. I could imagine that I should then go through the first steps of troubleshooting again or first see if the dockers are running again?

Just an additional information after I build in new hardware: After my hardware won´t work anymore, I can´t do a Memtest but tried it some different hardware an got many failures. So that was probably one thing that caused the problems.

Edit: Just got ne harddisks and a new cache drive. Will change them when the actual problem is solved.

Edited by Decay