Same folder name triggers mover, how to stop?

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I have a folder named backup on my array and also on a separate pool. I want that these backups stay on the pool because they are very important so I want them to be on RAID1. Now I also have a backup folder on my array (disk1) for less important things. The problem I got is that I cannot tell mover to don't move these files. It's handled as the same share.

image.thumb.png.bd8c051e7d406741a8e46538b88b8b89.png

When I had no secondary storage it worked but I got the warning from fix common problems that there are files on cache (what makes no sense anyway) and that's not correct. Don't have the error message now. I guess you guys know what I mean. This typical message.

How to handle it the best way?

Changing the settings is not enough to move anything.

You can see how much of each disk or pool is used by each user share by clicking Compute... for the share on the User Shares page.

And mover ignores shares that don't have Secondary storage.

Simplest would be to use Dynamix File Manager plugin to move the rest of that share off the array and onto your pool.

8 minutes ago, sasbro97 said:

This is the share now. Fix Common Problem shows this warning. But this is not a cache drive. It's a separate pool

Maybe the message is a bit misleading although it is correct in that there is something to fix.  The message should perhaps not refer to 'cache', but instead mention that you have the 'backup' share to only be on the pool, but in practice you also have files on the array for that share.

3 minutes ago, sasbro97 said:

It's okay now. I disabled the second location but I want to know why this warning appears. It makes no sense for me if I want it like this.

It IS a common problem to end up in this situation when it is not intended which is nearly always the case.  For instance it disables the option for that share to get the performance advantage of being an Exclusive share.   You can always disable that check if you mean for this scenario to happen.

We need a better idea how you want this share to work.

The settings you had in your latest screenshot means new files for the share will go to the designated pool and they won't be moved. But any files for the share that are still on the array will stay on the array. If you read the share, you will still see the files on the array, but if a file exists in both places, you won't be able to see the file that is on the array.