Dell precision 3650 not recognizing LSI SAS9300-8e is it compatable? Not showing in bios.

Card is installed and not showing up in bio / web gui. Unless there's a power cable I didn't screw up the physical install...

I'd really like to test out Unraid, heard good things ready to buy but can't get it to show the sata controller.

I've shut off everything I can think of like secure boot in the bios. Unraid loads find just doesn't see that card. It's supposed to be flashed to IT but I assume it would show in bios either way right?

Anything else I should try? I googled around but nothing helped.

Thanks in advance!

That card should definitely work with Unraid.   You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread.   That would at least allow us to see if it is visible at the handware level.

Do you have any alternative PCIe slots you can try the card in?   Do you have another system you can try the card in to check it is not faulty?

Thanks for the response! 

I'll try the card in my other PC in the morning. I'll check but I think its the only slot that will fit. Maybe not.

Not sure how to export that diagnostics file. 

Main fear was if the 3650 isn't compatible. They phased out legacy boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Zip file attached. Bios isn't letting me do everything I hoped for. Yep, checked advanced.

Does anyone know if the Dell Precision 3650 isn't the issue? To clarify that it's compatible. Not that my machine specifically is the problem.

On 1/16/2024 at 11:59 PM, itimpi said:

That card should definitely work with Unraid.   You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread.   That would at least allow us to see if it is visible at the handware level.

Do you have any alternative PCIe slots you can try the card in?   Do you have another system you can try the card in to check it is not faulty?

tower-diagnostics-20240127-1902.zip

Edited by jurddk
clarified that I'm asking about all 3650