Unraid server freezes/disconnects every couple of days

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi community,

I am running a Unraid Server a couple of years now without any major problems till now. The problem is the following that every couple days my server disconnects from the network with all of three network interfaces. This happens randomly and can only be fixed if it shutdown the server manually on the power button and then start it again.

Already tried to look at the logs but couldn't find anything related to it as I cannot look backwards in the logs.

Also I have attached the diag logs and maybe someone has a clue what that can be. I hope that it's not a hardware issue :(

tia and greets

fractalunraid-diagnostics-20240124-1652.zip

Thanks for the link. Strange why this happens now and didn`t occured before.

Anyway I will try this and come back after some days if it happens again. Nice feature with that local syslog option will also enable this for 7 days.

Update:

Server freezed again but I can't see any logs generated onto the location of "vms". This share is a cache only one. I did it again with now mirror tto flash as additional logging destination:

image.thumb.png.8e08e3fad4b0d7f5ebace3bb154d8924.png

Edited by PsYcRo
6 minutes ago, PsYcRo said:

Update:

Server freezed again but I can't see any logs generated onto the location of "vms". This share is a cache only one. I did it again with now mirror tto flash as additional logging destination:

image.thumb.png.8e08e3fad4b0d7f5ebace3bb154d8924.png

With those settings it will be in the ‘logs’ folder on the flash drive.

You would get a file appearing in the ‘vms’ location if you put your servers address into the Remote syslog server field so that the server is logging to itself.

• 2 weeks later...