Unraid connect Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"KeyFile is not valid"}}

When logging in for the first time with Unraid CONNECT (beta) I get the following error message:

{"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"KeyFile is not valid"}}

I bought a PRO version 6.12.16 (also shown in the top right corner) from someone, but I'm no longer sure if it's really a real license.
Could this be the cause or is there an error that I can somehow fix or search for? Unfortunately I don't know how to insert the picture of it here! Thanks!

On 1/26/2024 at 3:30 PM, Geldmax said:

bought a PRO version 6.12.16 (also shown in the top right corner) from someone, but I'm no longer sure if it's really a real license

If you didn't buy it from Unraid you probably got scammed. Each license only works with a specific flash drive based on its GUID. And even if you bought a flash drive with a license from them, they could have transferred the license to another flash drive, blacklisting the original flash. 

On 1/26/2024 at 3:30 PM, Geldmax said:

bought a PRO version 6.12.16

Also, licenses are not for specific versions. If you have a valid license, it works for all versions. And if you have a valid license, you can transfer it to a different flash drive if that becomes necessary. A valid license .key file along with its registered GUID flash drive can be moved to any hardware so you never have to buy another license not matter what hardware you change. If you want run more than one install of Unraid at the same time, each has to has its own license with its registered GUID flash drive.

I have no personal experience with using Connect in this way since my licenses are all many years older than Connect. I was just explaining how the licenses work and have always worked.

How did this "someone" actually sell you a license? Was it a flash drive with Unraid already installed or what?

23 minutes ago, trurl said:

I have no personal experience with using Connect in this way since my licenses are all many years older than Connect. I was just explaining how the licenses work and have always worked.

How did this "someone" actually sell you a license? Was it a flash drive with Unraid already installed or what?

Yes, flash drive with Unraid.