When I delete folders over the network, the folder contents are removed but not the folder 6.12.6

Hello, my first post here so apologies if this is a known issue but I can't find anything as specific as this when I have searched.  

I have a strange issue just become apparent. When I delete folders from my windows machine from an unraid share the folder and its content firstly shows as removed but when the folder is refreshed the folder (now empty) re-appears.

• The folder in question is a cache first > move to the array setup (Cache prefer).
  • The cache is located on a ZFS Raid 0

I'm fairly sure this wasn't an issue before; I have tried it a few times with Windows 10 and 11 clients.

I can go in an delete the folder using MC or Krusader and the folder remains removed.

Any help appreciated! 

19 minutes ago, GHOSTPOINT said:

Thanks for the reply, Im not sure the cache setting should be affecting this either way it's set. Really seems that if I nuke some folders they should actually be deleted! 

I never said the cache setting would affect this - just that the setting you had did not match the description of what you thought it did.

As I said I have never seen your issue - when I delete folders from my Windows machines they disappear as expected on my Unraid machine.   I am not, however, using ZFS so it may be that is relevant in your case.

30 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I never said the cache setting would affect this - just that the setting you had did not match the description of what you thought it did.

As I said I have never seen your issue - when I delete folders from my Windows machines they disappear as expected on my Unraid machine.   I am not, however, using ZFS so it may be that is relevant in your case.

fair enough, hopefully someone else might have some idea on this one, has me stumped! 😀

Hey, well yeah they were created as cache only share folder initially which means they show up as an ZFS data set. It seems permissions to do anything on this folder are odd.

I can delete files from already created folders

I can make a file in an already created folder as long as not in the root share

I can't make new folders

I can't make new files