Problems since upgrading hardware. Docker. Server Execute Errors. Freezing.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I recently upgraded my system new mobo, processor, etc. Everything worked fine at first, I have tried a few things.  After a few days the system becomes unresponsive.

I have the ASRock B760M PG Riptide with Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller (rev 05) NIC so i downloaded the corresponding drivers from the Community store. rebooted.  I deleted my docker image and rebuilt it.  Rebooted. Still have issues.

I would appreciate any help here with this

• Solution

Unfortunately there's nothing relevant logged, this usually points to a hardware issue, one thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker containers/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.

TLDR: Bad ram sticks..

Using my other unraid server as remote syslog I was able to capture log file when it started acting up.  Found errors: get_swap_device: Bad swap file entry 3ffffffffffff. 

Ran a memory test and the brand new ram (TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan DDR5 64GB) failed with several hundred errors.

3 hours ago, starfox3 said:

Ran a memory test and the brand new ram (TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan DDR5 64GB) failed with several hundred errors.

Since even a single error is too many then this is probably the source of your issues.

You should check that you are running the memory without any sort of overclocking (e.g. XMP) profile and within the maximum clock speed your motherboard/CPU combination is able to handle    It can also be worth trying with just one RAM stick.