NETWORK CARD WONT RESPOND AFTER NETWORK RESET

Go to solution Solved by akhisyahmi,

You cannot have 200 as the last byte of the IP address on both the PC and Unraid - they need to be different values.

If you used DHCP to get the addresses assigned by your router then that would automatically have given them different values.   If you want fixed IP addresses normally best to leave the server and PC set to use DHCP, and then set the fixed addresses for each of them within the router settings.

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

You cannot have 200 as the last byte of the IP address on both the PC and Unraid - they need to be different values.

If you used DHCP to get the addresses assigned by your router then that would automatically have given them different values.   If you want fixed IP addresses normally best to leave the server and PC set to use DHCP, and then set the fixed addresses for each of them within the router settings.

I will set my PC to use DHCP. Sorry for asking but is there any need to set up router here? Because I use LAN and directly plug it into both my PC and Unraid Network card.

Not clear how everything is set up from a network perceptive?  How do you have the rest of the network configured?   If your PC is wired directly to Unraid, does the Unraid server have a wired link to a router (and if so what address is that using)?   

8 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Not clear how everything is set up from a network perceptive?  How do you have the rest of the network configured?   If your PC is wired directly to Unraid, does the Unraid server have a wired link to a router (and if so what address is that using)?   

My router connect directly to both of my PC and unraid via LAN (Motherboard built-in port)

I got 2 2.5GB network card, both are inside PC and unraid and directly connected with LAN.

My unraid server use 192.168.0.136 as static IP from router.

I choose to do 192.168.1.200 directly from both card (it's within their own network)

My router support only 1Gbps LAN connection so I use that card to get 2.5Gbps before.

• Solution
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, itimpi said:

What is the IP you have set for the PC end on the Ethernet port that is directly wired to the Unraid server.

nevermind I fixed it. I just need to manual put different IP address into my PC setting.

image.png.00e7e7e0ea3cc9b2f94e46ffac3e38c3.png

this video helps me :

Truenas: How to set up a 2nd static route a direct connection to your computer #truenas #nas #tplink (youtube.com)

Edited by akhisyahmi