mover is running - no data is beeing moved

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi there,

I am trying to move data to reset my configuration for my cache pool. Started mover and it moved some data. Now there is zero activity on the drives and the mover button is greyed out. I reset the stats to see any changes but nothing happens.

image.png.bc9431437e55fa5051175796b8172be2.png

image.png.ce17c2e659157165c77c61176a294278.png

• Solution
21 minutes ago, Civic1201 said:

OK, maybe I found the root of the problem. appdata is on Disk1 and contains old data from a previous install. Can I just delete this and start with a new config?

Mover never overwrites existing files.    If a file exists in more than one location it is up to you to manually decide which copy to keep and  delete the other one.   The Dynamix File Manager is probably a good way to do this.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Civic1201 said:

I want to keep that shares on my cache drives only

You should want appdata, domains, and system shares with nothing on the array so Dockers/VMs will perform better and so array disks can spin down since these files are always open.

On the User Shares page, you can click Compute... for a share to see how much of each disk/pool is used by a particular user share.