[6.12.6] New drive died after a couple days

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

Hi there,

I had a new drive die after a couple days in my UNRAID server (it just clicks, doesn't show up in UNRAID anymore). I think it was only using ~1% space so I don't think anything was actually on it.

Unfortunately, I did not have a parity drive setup. Am I screwed?

Edited by tylxr

I'm fairly confident I can live without whatever little data was on there but I'm not sure what to do at this point.

How would I go about removing the device from the array? This is all I'm seeing in UNRAID

fml.png

• tylxr changed the title to [6.12.6] New drive died after a couple days

Doesn't matter much, since you know what drives you want to assign, but you can preserve all to leave the drives in their previous slots while still allowing free reassignment. The preserve options simply determines which slots are completely blanked vs. prefilled. The end result is the same, it's just a matter of convenience.

6 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Doesn't matter much, since you know what drives you want to assign, but you can preserve all to leave the drives in their previous slots while still allowing free reassignment. The preserve options simply determines which slots are completely blanked vs. prefilled. The end result is the same, it's just a matter of convenience.

Awesome. I just did the new config. Things seem... alright so far lol

I think I've learned my lesson about not running a parity drive and not preclearing drives.

Thank you for the help!