Does such a preexisting backup solution exist?

I want to setup a second server (low powered thin client) to do full overnight backups of my primary server. The only thing I'm undecided on is the backup method to use. 

Luckybackup is close, however, I dislike the 'delete files on the destination' option as I'd like to have at least some time before a backup is truly deleted e.g. I accidentally delete something but only discover it the day after, but I don't want to disable this as I do want old files to be automatically deleted after a while. 

I know worst case scenario I can setup my main server's Windows VM to do overnight backups via SMB with e.g. Macrium Reflect, although this isn't ideal and I'd rather use a docker or plugin on the second server. 

Is there another potential solution which matches my needs? 

Thank you. 

18 hours ago, JonathanM said:

UrBackup is what I use.

Looking at the docker image though, if I understand correctly, the urbackup on CA is only the server where as I'd need a client on my main server. 

Sorry, maybe I should have been clearer and stated both servers are running unraid. 

20 hours ago, tech3475 said:

Luckybackup is close, however, I dislike the 'delete files on the destination'

Don't enable it then?

It's just a GUI for rsync so you could use that directly, or rsnapshot to keep a history although that'll mean different folder structure.

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Don't enable it then?

I also said I don't want to have the files permanently on the backup server. 

To give a comparison, I have Macrium Reflect on my main desktop set to have 5 incremental backups before it starts removing the older backups, this means that if I delete a file I have some time to recover it.

9 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Honestly I'm not fond of running something like this outside of a plugin/container/VM.

However, I'm currently testing this docker image with a custom template:

https://hub.docker.com/r/uroni/urbackup-client

Does anyone know if this has a chance of success or am I wasting my time?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok an update.

I've gone off urbackup since with the docker image it still took forever (not unexpected) but it failed.

I instead decided to try luckybackup again, turns out in backup mode it does keep deleted files but in a subdirectory, so I think I'll just use that.

thank you the responses.