Why does Parity-Check keep initiating spontaneously?

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

If the parity checks are starting on boot (due to unclean shutdowns) then you may find this page from the the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI to be of use in troubleshooting Unclean shutdowns.

If it is not just at boot time but while already running then perhaps you should post a screenshot of Settings->Scheduler->Parity Check in case you have not got it scheduled as you think.

• Solution
4 hours ago, thearttist said:

here is my scheduled settings

Those look fine from a scheduling perspective.   

We do normal, however, recommend that the automatic scheduled checks are set to be non-correcting so that if you have a drive playing up it does not end up corrupting parity before you realise there might be an issue.   Then it is only the manual checks that are set as correcting after you have fixed any hardware related issues that might have caused parity to be partly invalid in the first place.

4 hours ago, thearttist said:

Im not sure how to get into the flash drive logs

You can get to the flash drive by clicking on the Boot device on the Main tab.     If you want it to be visible over the network (by default it is not) then you need to set the SMB settings to allow this (in which case if shows up as the 'flash' share.

Thank you for the assistance. I managed to pinpoint the issue over the weekend. While attempting to access the flash drive logs, the system repeatedly shut down. This led me to suspect the PSU as the likely culprit. Fortunately, I had a spare PSU on hand, so I swapped them out. However, even after the swap, the system booted up momentarily before shutting down again. This prompted me to shift my focus to building a replacement system, as my aging i5 650 was showing signs of wear.

I had been waiting on a secondary PSU for the replacement build, but I decided to forego that and instead transferred the flash drive contents to the new board. I then installed the old drives into the new case and powered it on. To my delight, the Unraid system sprang to life seamlessly – it's truly a marvel. Now, with everything up and running smoothly, my perfectionist tendencies have me pondering one final question: how can I eliminate these lingering errors from the old system? They stem from power cable issues, which were part of the motivation for the new build.

Once again, thank you all for your invaluable assistance throughout this process. The fancy magic of Unraid never ceases to amaze me.

errors.jpg