Disk Error or not or coming soon?

I'm trying to figure out how bad shape this drive is in. I've cleared out the drive to be safe for now, it doesn't appear any new files are being written to the drive, so I assume Unraid knows that the drive is not healthy. Any advice that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

On my dashboard, my disk9 is showing an error:

unraid-array.thumb.png.d946e0a5b474484eb0953e9d0da4c406.png

however when I go into disk details it says completed SMART test without error:unraid-disk9.thumb.png.123aa7365341195dd92e7bb9e5a13b77.png

When I look at the history and log, I see this:

unraid-disk9-smarthistory.thumb.png.db96174711727755e9b04f0b4d8dfd3a.png

unraid-disk9-errorlog.thumb.png.e20580c045ab8671ff0166d6cc653dde.png

Have you tried clicking on the orange icon for the drive on the Dashboard to see what error it is?   If it is a CRC error then if you. Lick on the Acknowledge option Unraid  will only notify you again if it increases.    

CRC errors are connection related rather than a disk problem and would be triggering retries.  They never reset to 0.   Occasional CRC errors is not really something to worry about but if you get lots of them you should look into the power and SATA cabling to the drive as the most likely culprits.

4 hours ago, itimpi said:

Have you tried clicking on the orange icon for the drive on the Dashboard to see what error it is?   If it is a CRC error then if you. Lick on the Acknowledge option Unraid  will only notify you again if it increases.    

CRC errors are connection related rather than a disk problem and would be triggering retries.  They never reset to 0.   Occasional CRC errors is not really something to worry about but if you get lots of them you should look into the power and SATA cabling to the drive as the most likely culprits.

Ah yes, sorry, I should have included that before.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 3.15.10 PM.png

21 hours ago, tejasgadhia said:

it doesn't appear any new files are being written to the drive, so I assume Unraid knows that the drive is not healthy.

That's not a thing. Unraid will quite happily continue to use a disk slot even if the drive fails a write and is disabled.