Mover not working after changing share settings (6.12.10)

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I'm having some issues with my Unraid setup and could use some guidance. Here's my situation:

I have a share, /data, which I initially set up to use both my cache pool and my array. However, I've been experiencing heat issues with my cache NVMe drive, especially when transferring large amounts of data (tens of gigabytes at a time). To mitigate this, I decided to change the share settings to bypass the cache and write directly to the array.

After making this change in the share settings, I haven't noticed any difference in performance. I currently have about 500 GB of data on my cache drive. When I attempt to start the mover through the web UI, it appears to accept the command, but nothing happens, and there's no indication that the mover is actually running.

I'm not sure how to proceed. Do I need to copy all my data to a new share and start fresh? Or is there a way to force the mover to transfer the data from the cache to the array? Thanks!

• Solution

For mover to run the share neeeds to be set up with the cache as the primary storage, the array as secondary storage and mover direction as cache->array.   From your description you have changed the share settings so that it has the array as primary storage?   If so mover will take no action on files that are alreadt on the cache.   The diagnostics will confirm if this is the case.