Corrupted Docker Image -> Parity Drive Errors?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi all,

I'm a bit baffled and could use some assistance with filesystem errors. This is now the second time that, following a reboot, my UNRAID server reports 1 error on the Parity drive and then removes it from the array. I have run (short) SMART tests on all drives and found nothing out of the ordinary. Strangely, the only errors I see in the syslog appear to be related to a corrupted docker image?

There's a good chance I'm missing something here, so if you wouldn't mind taking a look, that would be great. Currently, I've stopped the array, and I am waiting to restart it until I've gotten this figured out.

gringotts-diagnostics-20240513-0825.zip

17 minutes ago, michaelhthomas said:

the only errors I see in the syslog appear to be related to a corrupted docker image?

You must have overlooked all these:

May 13 08:21:13 Gringotts kernel: md: disk1 read error, sector=2312
May 13 08:21:13 Gringotts kernel: md: disk2 read error, sector=2312
May 13 08:21:13 Gringotts kernel: md: disk3 read error, sector=2312

And lots more before and after.

Since multiple disks are involved, probably a power or controller issue.

Any power splitters?

I did catch those, but what I found strange is that those are all from after the parity drive was pulled from the array (as far as I can tell). Once the parity drive is removed, it looks like every single drive has read errors for every read, based on what was shown in the web UI.

I was wondering if it was some motherboard issue. What's weird is that, last time this occurred, I was able to rebuild the parity drive and operate without errors for about a month. There are no power splitters or anything unusual.

The moment you remove (or add) hardware you should assume that the hardware id’s for passed through hardware are likely to have changed and need redoing.

I think you can also sometimes getting them changing after an major OS update due to changes in the kernel level.

• Like 1