unraid kernel crash

Go to solution Solved by ARMITAGEIII,

another day, another problem :)

can anyone explain to me why unraid dont stop the array ,dont reboot and show kernel panics? 

the only thing i did is plug a 3.0 usb external case, but even with he cables disconnected unraid dont work anymore.

array dont do parity check no matter how many times i click ,the system dont respond and only can be shut down plugin the power or pressing the power button to the limit xDD

tried safe mode and the kernel panics still happens.

can anyone guess what is causing the kernel panics????

funny thing is dockers start and unraid boot up "properly" 

mercedes-diagnostics-20240620-1459.zip

Edited by ARMITAGEIII
grammar
4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Unraid driver is crashing, that's almost always a hardware problem, start by running memtest.

its on 2 of 4 pass and it has 0 errors , the error started after i pluged the usb 3.0 enclosure ,could it be that ? i mean could it corrupt something ?

Just after plugin the USB enclosure from orico , the array cannot be stopped so i had to force power off with the button.  

In fact im pretty sure is not a hardware problem at all , more than 1 year stable and everything Crash when plugin an USB 3.0 enclosure? Pretty strange...

Cant this driver be repaired???

Being honest, a lot off users have freezin or crashing unraid problems, It seems like the OS is not stable at all ,i just looked 3-4 forum Pages and they are pretty generic :(

Im just running a full smart test in every Drive , but i Hope i Will be able to copy my tv and movies

This machine is in a rack enclosure with only 1 power cable and 1 dac 10gb cable, so that rule out external changes.

IF i boot with array stopped the error is gone , It only happens when i start the array ,even in safe mode.

So you can rule that out, if the Unraid version didn't change, and the release you are using is the same, the most likely culprit would be hardware, any hardware can go bad at any time, but you can try redoing the flash drive and copying the bare minimum to rule out any /config issue.

Backup the current one first and then redo it and just restore the bare minimum, like the key, super.dat and the pools folder for the assignments, also copy the docker user templates folder, re-test, if you see the same it's almost certainly hardware, assuming this same release worked before without issues.

I Will try  to reinstall the USB Drive , if not this Will be my 3rd Nas that i have to move from unraid. I dont understand the trend were everything seems to fail but no one rule out the OS

I only Hope to copy my tv/movies out and try other OS to rule out HW.

saddly i have to ask , is there a forum here to sell the licenses to other users??

Im pretty much done with unraid :(

If not i Guess i Will have 2 decorative licenses 

• Solution

As i though the problem is once again unraid , 3/3 its always a "hardware / machine / human" problem but hey this will be my third machine that i will move out of unraid ,so for me the problem is unraid with 0% doubt :)

ill save the license if someday this will be a real NaS OS :P

reinstalled the usb and voila ,everything work ,dockers pools even the array xDDDDD tomorrow i will backup everything and run forever from unraid , 3/3 servers cant be a human or hardware problem...