HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer - $199.99 @ MacMall [Monday 1/9/2012 ONLY]

elkay14

Whoa.. nice Find.

I have no use at all for this.. but at 2 bills, I'll pick one up for later.

Thanks!

Ditto... but I have other things that $200 could be spent on.  Might pick it up and give it as a Christmas gift next year... if I can manage to let go of it after having used it.

I got my new Microserver today...

That was fast. less then 48 hours from when I placed to order.. not bad for free shipping.

even newegg is not that quick.

Very nice little unit. just fired it up and put whs2011 on it.. (only OS installer on a flash drive i saw on my desk)

Well I got mine yesterday. I already have 1 that I use and I couldn't pass up the $200.00 price tag. I have NO idea what I plan on using this one for and with the price of hard drives - I think it's going to sit and collect some dust for a while...

I love these little guys!

I have not done any research yet, does the N40L need a bios update also to get the extra sata port to run at 300MB/s ?

To answer my own question. YES.

The N40L shares the same cripple on ports 4&5 it looks like.

Does anyone recommend a Bios for this unit?

I have not done any research yet, does the N40L need a bios update also to get the extra sata port to run at 300MB/s ?

People are using "thebay"'s BIOS on the N40L: http://www.avforums.com/forums/networking-nas/1521657-hp-n36l-microserver-updated-ahci-bios-support.html

People are using "thebay"'s BIOS on the N40L: http://www.avforums.com/forums/networking-nas/1521657-hp-n36l-microserver-updated-ahci-bios-support.html

Thanks.

That was the one I already had. I just wanted an expert opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived