Rebooted overnight - why?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

On a Dell R710 that's been reliable with 6.12.8. Diags attached and syslog server setup.

Woke up this morning to a parity check running and had been runnning for 6 hours. Nothing in the syslog shows any reason. I have macvlan setup and it's not been a problem.

No mention of it going on the UPS and no other indication of what lead up to what appears to be a reboot.

Any ideas? Is it macvlan?

server-diagnostics-20240708-0935.zip

I found out how to get to the web interface for iDRAC. Forgot I even had this available! I've been using a janky Java DRAC app to get to the boot screens.

I looked around and don't see anything in any of the logs for this event. PSUs are good, System Event log shows stuff I've done(removed drive, open chassis, etc.). All of the "Platform Events" are set to "No Action" including the "Watchdog Critical Assert Filter".

I'm at a loss!

Well, I got this R710 5 years ago and it's had a good run. This is the first time this has happened in this manner.

Not bad for a system made 15 years ago.

I was planning on upgrading my server hardware anyway (Intel i5). I guess it's time.

Thanks for all the help!