Dockers missing IP addresses link goes to about:blank#blocked

Just upgraded to 6.12.11 and now some of my IPs for docker on a custom network don't show in the GUI and link goes to about:blank#blocked.

Can someone please shed some light here?  Why it is all of a sudden happening to some but not all customer IP containers ? Deleting the docker.img and containers does nothing.

Screen Shot 2024-07-22 at 2.45.22 PM.png

Edited by joelones
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

If you downgrade do they work again?

No they don't. Makes no sense to me. I did a normal downgrade via the UI, no dice. Then I actually took a backup of the USB before I started and overwrote the UNRAID USB and still the same. So confused

Edited by joelones
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That suggests the upgrade may not be the issue, did you recreate the custom networks when recreating the docker image?

How does one recreate the custom network? I think my 192.168.10.1/25 network br1.10 was automatically created when I created a bridge on eth1 with a specific VLAN.

ScreenShot2024-07-23at7_51_09AM.thumb.png.f1259157fdbde21f570acecddf796a82.png

Screen Shot 2024-07-23 at 7.54.15 AM.png

I tried using the UI to uncheck the docker network (restarted) and then recreate it, not sure if this is the right way (see screenshot) but it did not change anything.

Screen Shot 2024-07-23 at 8.00.14 AM.png

Edited by joelones
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Thanks for the help. tried recreating / removing the custom network a bunch of times, whenever I set the driver to macvlan it doesn't appear in the gui...why it does it for some dockers on the same custom network and not others is a real mystery

Edited by joelones

I am also having the same problem. It's happened to 3 of my containers. I've tried restoring a backup from 6/10/24 with appdata backup plugin. Problem persists. I deleted the container and reinstalled from template. No good. Tried changing the IP. No good. 

Unraid version 6.12.6

Not sure when it happened. The only thing that has changed was I added a new drive to the array and balanced some shares. I updated the dockers every couple of weeks. The docker data isn't even on the array, it's on a cache pool. 

Edit: forgot to mention. Webui doesn't work for 2 of the containers. Also for those 2, reverse proxy works just fine for some reason. 

Edited by offroadguy56

Did some more testing. The docker container if you try to navigate to the webui on the phone it gives that "about:blank#blocked" in the address bar. If you manually navigate to the IP address it works just fine. This explains why the reverse proxy was working.

One container is the vpn, 2nd is a download client, 3rd is an indexer. The indexer won't communicate with the downloader or vpn. I get "please check your DNS settings and ensure that IPv6 is working or disabled. Connection refused (<ip_address:port>)" when checking the vpn connection on the indexer. I get "unable to connect" when checking the downloader connection on the indexer. I have a 2nd but working indexer, same problems. I tried the bad indexer with a good downloader, same problems. Lastly I checked a good indexer with a good downloader and surprisingly it also has all the same connection errors.

There is some weird stuff going on.

Attached is my diagnostics.

waffle-diagnostics-20240729-0836.zip

I've noticed that the ports for the problem docker containers are "???" when looking at the port allocations in the template.

I removed one of the containers and it's image. Then reinstalled from saved template but changed the IP address. No luck. Tried again with different ports, no luck.

There might be some kind of problem with the network affecting the ports.

I installed a random container with a webui and it's default port was assigned appropriately. But when I change it or install another container the port remains the same as default. If I leave the container on the default docker network, 172.17.0.x, the port changes correctly on the 192.168.1.x network.

My plex is running on host network, it shows "???" for the port. I haven't seen any issues with plex functionality.

@joelonesI believe I found a fix for our problem. Through a lot of troubleshooting of network settings among other things. I completely forgot that the appdata backup plugin doesn't roll back the actual docker image. What I've done is rollback the problem docker containers to 2 months ago and they are working properly in the docker list and are able to communicate with each other. You might be able to get away with a more recent roll back, but for me it's good enough.

What you'll need to do is click the container and select more info. It should take you to the docker page. Click tags then find an suitable previous version. on the right you'll see "docker pull ...." copy whats after docker pull and paste it into the repository field on the docker edit page in unraid. For example mine looks like "binhex/arch-privoxyvpn:3.0.34-3-02"

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, offroadguy56 said:

@joelonesI believe I found a fix for our problem. Through a lot of troubleshooting of network settings among other things. I completely forgot that the appdata backup plugin doesn't roll back the actual docker image. What I've done is rollback the problem docker containers to 2 months ago and they are working properly in the docker list and are able to communicate with each other. You might be able to get away with a more recent roll back, but for me it's good enough.

What you'll need to do is click the container and select more info. It should take you to the docker page. Click tags then find an suitable previous version. on the right you'll see "docker pull ...." copy whats after docker pull and paste it into the repository field on the docker edit page in unraid. For example mine looks like "binhex/arch-privoxyvpn:3.0.34-3-02"

Thanks. But what you're saying is to rollback to a previous version of my containers exhibiting this issue? But the problem seems unraid / GUI related, no? Not sure sure I want to rollback my containers., interesting though, I'm having problems with some binhex containers too but they did communicate with each other despite the GUI anomaly

Edited by joelones
On 8/3/2024 at 4:24 PM, joelones said:

Thanks. But what you're saying is to rollback to a previous version of my containers exhibiting this issue? But the problem seems unraid / GUI related, no? Not sure sure I want to rollback my containers., interesting though, I'm having problems with some binhex containers too but they did communicate with each other despite the GUI anomaly

Pretty much. In a way it makes sense if it were an Unraid or Docker issue for it to affect all the containers, but instead it was only a select few. If your containers are communicating properly and all you are missing is the shortcut link to the webui, all you'd need to do is bookmark the webui by first navigating to it manually. My issue unfortunately meant my containers would not communicate with each other. 

No idea what the issue was.