Cannot add watch folder to Deluge- path does not exist (Rclone synced folder)

Hello, I am trying to setup deluge to watch folders that sync with dropbox.  This will allow me to add torrents from my phone when I am mobile and my server will process them.  Anyways, I have rclone all setup properly and dropbox syncing.  I have added the folder paths to the deluge docker container. 

The issue is when I use the "AutoAdd" plugin inside of deluge the specific folder "addmovietorrents" does not exist.  What is frustrating is that when I view the folder contents from a terminal (within the docker) it does exist.  I have tried a combination of things including moving my rclone setup to a folder that already exists within deluge (this reports a read / write error instead of path does not exist).  I don't understand why I can add almost every other folder without issue except any folder that rclone is syncing with.  Any help is appreciated.  See screenshots.

docker folder setupdockersettings.thumb.png.da5d236f1ceda80b3b0cbbb84bcadfdd.png

docker output on creationdockeroutput.thumb.png.7549668fa3d507d053663e6aa3c24894.png

deluge yelling at me

delug.png.f74df42a5a35757ee4adfb0f3d7430e1.png

docker terminal showing that the folder path does existdockertermina.thumb.png.98658183135b7f07e2a2b25dc9d44b97.png

I'm wondering if rclone is causing security issues and/or changing folder properties but my understanding of this falls a bit short. 

Example, I moved my rclone sync folder to exist within my plex library shares just because I KNOW that my docker has access to this folder (mnt/user/plexmedia).  When I try to setup the "autoadd" feature in deluge I get an error saying I don't have write permissions to this folder instead of "path does not exist". 

I can read/write to the plex library just fine and the folders I am using in rclone are further down in the directory.  This hints to me that rclone may be changing the folder properties?   

Yes, you probably have the wrong permissions set up in rclone. I'm on mobile right now. But if you search for rclone in my posts you will find a post that can help you. I can find it for you later tonight when I'm home from work. 

So I tried something else only for testing purposes and it did allow me to better understand what is going on but I still don't have a solution for fixing it.. 

I changed my docker share to reflect a folder that rclone is not syncing to (/mnt/user/dropbox/).  I set the container path the reflect "/dropbox";

dockersettings.thumb.png.6190b3ee064b490e35b793e3be5eff81.png

I then went into deluge and added the watch folder "/dropbox".  When I click add it works as it is supposed to and adds the watch folder.  This means that I am correctly setting up the docker (I am getting no error that path does not exist).  

delug.png.1e4114c51609ac166a21c9446f0f9758.png

I then go back to the user scripts plugin that I am using and change the script.  I set it to point the rclone dropbox to mount to the file system under /mnt/user/dropbox (same directory that I originally set in deluge that worked).  I run the script in the background and confirm via terminal that dropbox is working (it does). 

userscrips.thumb.png.d0cfcea6b06e824245f2a096cd6330c1.png

I then go back in deluge and remove the directory "/dropbox" (which is linked to /mnt/user/dropbox) and try to re add it again.  I add it using the SAME EXACT DIRECTORY that I did previously.  I get the error "path does not exist".  This proves to me that rclone is changing something to the directory that prevents deluge from using / seeing it. 

watchfolder.png.36235d5b7633402b6de118185d972094.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, strike said:

Found the post: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/53807-support-binhex-radarr/?do=findComment&comment=1134701

Run the docker safe new permission tool on your the shares you mentioned first, then add the lines I mention in that post to your script and try again. 

Sorry, I don't fully understand your post but am willing to try.  I cannot find the "safe new permission tool".  I can find a "new permissions tool"  but want to confirm that is the same thing.  Also, I don't understand the flags --uid 99 --gid 99.  Would this be ran with my dropbox mount script?  Sorry, entry-medium level user here

rclone mount dropbox: /mnt/user/dropbox & --uid 99 --gid 99

Edited by AceEsCloud

You don't have this one? It might be part of fix common problmes plugin I can't remember.
image.thumb.png.d11bf81da91d07d732fc5bf7850b0105.png

I don't use rclone myself I just picked up that part about adding the uid/gid somewhere on the forum when somebody had permissions issues. But yeah you out that in your rclone mounting script.

thanks for the help but the --uid / gid flags are not found, I am trying to find out if there is a way to add these flags.  That post does help with me understanding the issue a bit more though (if I am moving in the right direction).  The more and more I look at it the more I believe it is a file permissions issue.  they state that the rclone plugin maybe running on root so I would assume this would change file permissions.  I'll keep searching...  

So I got it working.  I added  --allow-other to my array startup script (listed below).  This also did not fix it but I went back to my container settings for deluge and changed the Console shell command to "shell".  I did this on a lucky guess because I could see the files in the sh terminal.  I wish I fully understood the difference here but it is now working.

mkdir -p /mnt/user/dropbox

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rclone mount dropbox: /mnt/user/dropbox --allow-other &

Screenshot2024-07-28211127.thumb.png.9dc4db203ab71ea2b6684e6e5aa61b01.png