Multiple Disk Failure

Good day everybody,

yesterday I had a double disk failure (diagnostic attached) and after a SMART extended self test on both disks I got the same result: Completed without error...

Now I would like to know the following:

1) Should I change the drives (I would avoid if not really necessary)

2) If I can keep the 2 drives how should proceed for the data rebuilt? one at the time or both togather?

Thanks for your help

monstruo-diagnostics-20240729-0007.zip

Posted (edited)

Done and I just discovered that Disk 10 failed again during data rebuilt (disk 12 still appear ok)...

What shall I do? Stop and retry to built? Let run the rebuilt of disk 12 and than recheck all and give disk 10 a second chance?

BTW I just noticed the rebuilt process is totally stopped at 30,2% and not moving and several disks  (3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15) have errors reported

But mainly I would like to understand the reason of the failures... Shall I change once again the cables even if they are new and of good quality or shall I investigate other reasons??

Thanks

PS Attached last diagnostic

monstruo-diagnostics-20240730-1225.zip

Edited by gideva

Make sure you have sufficient power to each drive - no more than 4 drives per molex power connector, and preferably split across multiple cables from the PSU

Make sure your HBA is sufficiently cooled

Make sure your cables are connected properly, and not squeezed together so as to introduce crosstalk

Try a different slot on the motherboard, or replace the HBA.