unraid array undefined and offline

Posted (edited)

I have been mounting lots of things top /mnt/remotes/

Never had any issue with this. Is it bad practice? If so where should I mount things to instead? I've removed the mounts now but array is still offline and unresponsive.

Is it safe to try to reboot?

Edited by cinereus
2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Yes, any mount point that is not on actual storage will write to RAM, filling up rootfs

So I should mount to /mnt/user/remotes instead?

How does that work? I thought the point of a mount is no data is actually stored there, you're just reading it off the webserver where it's actually stored?

6 minutes ago, cinereus said:

So I should mount to /mnt/user/remotes instead?

How does that work? I thought the point of a mount is no data is actually stored there, you're just reading it off the webserver where it's actually stored?

It appears that one of the mount points you specify is not actually mounting any storage (local or remote) and is thus writing instead to RAM, and when this fills up crashing the server.

If this is a mount point that you are specifying then I suggest you put it under /mnt/addons.  The /mnt/disks and /mnt/remotes locations are ideally ones that the UD plugin is expected to manage.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, itimpi said:

It appears that one of the mount points you specify is not actually mounting any storage (local or remote) and is thus writing instead to RAM, and when this fills up crashing the server.

If this is a mount point that you are specifying then I suggest you put it under /mnt/addons.  The /mnt/disks and /mnt/remotes locations are ideally ones that the UD plugin is expected to manage.

Sorry please could you let me know which one?

And what would be writing to RAM? Writes to that mount point or writes from that mountpoint or what?

So I have found the issue

I have mounted my dropbox to /mnt/addons/dropbox

This works fine. I can see the files there.

However, when I copy the files to /mnt/user/dropbox it seems to write to rootfs for some reason. I used to do this before without any issues. I don't know where on rootfs it is writing nor why.

How should I correctly mount my dropbox so that I can copy it to a /mnt/user/ share?

10 minutes ago, cinereus said:

However, when I copy the files to /mnt/user/dropbox it seems to write to rootfs for some reason. I used to do this before without any issues. I don't know where on rootfs it is writing nor why.

This will mean that you have not successfully mounted something at the mount point.

You could use the 'df' command to check what you have mounted.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, itimpi said:

This will mean that you have not successfully mounted something at the mount point.

You could use the 'df' command to check what you have mounted.

df showing correct mounting:

mount1:                          2147483648   400776772  1746706876  19% /mnt/addons/mount1
mount2:                                29466624    29264220      202404 100% /mnt/addons/mount2

5 hours ago, cinereus said:

df showing correct mounting:

mount1:                          2147483648   400776772  1746706876  19% /mnt/addons/mount1
mount2:                                29466624    29264220      202404 100% /mnt/addons/mount2

They do not.   All that shows is that you have created the 2 directories mount1 and mount2 that are to be used for mount points.    They do not show that anything has been mounted at those mount points.

12 hours ago, itimpi said:

They do not.   All that shows is that you have created the 2 directories mount1 and mount2 that are to be used for mount points.    They do not show that anything has been mounted at those mount points.

I can browse all the files at those mount points as expected.