[Support] binhex - bitmagnet

binhex

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-bitmagnet in the binhex repo.

Applicationbitmagnet https://github.com/bitmagnet-io/bitmagnet

Docker Hubhttps://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-bitmagnet/

GitHubhttps://github.com/binhex/arch-bitmagnet

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer 😁

btn_donate_SM.gif

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

• Like 1

Rough notes for now

• This docker container can use significant bandwidth, please ensure you have at least 8Mb/s free downstream bandwidth
  • This docker container can consume a fair bit of disk space due to sheer number of magnets found, i have found it consumed around 1GB of data in 24 hours, with a massive 500,000 magnets grabbed!!.
  • This docker container can cause issues with weak ISP supplied routers due to the number of connections, if you start getting network issues then dial back the settings (more on that in the future).
  • It is strongly recommended to run this container via a VPN, this can be achieved by routing it through an already existing VPN container, for instance the binhex arch-privoxyvpn.
  • You can use this with jackett and prowlarr, both have full support!

Just now, JonathanM said:

I guess I should be just a bit more patient. 😁

lol, you are too fast :-).

I would highly recommend giving this a whirl if my warnings haven't put you off, i have been amazed at the sheer quantity of stuff i have found through this!, it literally blows public torrent indexers out of the water!.

What happens if you don't set up postgres? I haven't and after stopping and starting the container, the amount of items that were found before I stopped it are still there.

In appdata there is no sqlite database or anything much, really.

This leads me to believe that the data is being stored in docker.img - is that correct?

Where is the data being stored if not using a postgres database?

4 minutes ago, Araso said:

What happens if you don't set up postgres?

you don't need to, its included in the image.

4 minutes ago, Araso said:

This leads me to believe that the data is being stored in docker.img - is that correct?

nope 🙂 its in the postgres database, see /config/postgres/data/

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

see /config/postgres/data/

I have a postgres directory in 'appdata/binhex-bitmagnet/postgres' but it's empty, which is what led me to believe what I said about docker.img. That directory is empty even after a stop/start of the container which I did just to see if it would flush something to disk. It still retains all the crawled data after a restart.

24 minutes ago, Araso said:

I have a postgres directory in 'appdata/binhex-bitmagnet/postgres' but it's empty, which is what led me to believe what I said about docker.img. That directory is empty even after a stop/start of the container which I did just to see if it would flush something to disk. It still retains all the crawled data after a restart.

So do you not have a 'data' folder under 'appdata/binhex-bitmagnet/postgres' ? if not then please paste your log from /config/supervisord.log.

I have confirmed the image is working correctly by renaming my data folder in /config/postgres/ and then restarting the container, i could then see a new data folder created and populated so its got to be misconfiguration or permissions related would be my guess.

3 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Use mc at the Unraid console, the data folder is there and populated with all the normal postgres database folders.

Hmm... I use Linux from where I mount my cache disk with SMB4K and from there I look in my appdata. I've always done this. At no point have I not been able to see the data in there, even if I've had to show hidden files.

Using mc I can, indeed, see the postgres/data directory. Strange...

So it seems my install is working correctly but for some reason the data is 'super hidden'? I've never encountered this before.

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

No permissions granted.

Apparently so...

As I say - I've never (or don't ever remember having) seen this before. Right-click and Properties shows 0 bytes used, which also now makes sense.

Well, I best leave it well alone.

Thanks for the pointers!

1 minute ago, Araso said:

Apparently so...

As I say - I've never (or don't ever remember having) seen this before. Right-click and Properties shows 0 bytes used, which also now makes sense.

Well, I best leave it well alone.

Thanks for the pointers!

image.png.55cde36b646f6174ad67f389acc56d28.png

I can see that permissions are not granted for the group and for everyone, perhaps this causes an issue for you?, the permissions are set by postgres as it initialises the directory so i would be loathed to overwrite this.

50 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Does it provide an RSS feed? That may be a stupid question, but I didn't see any mention of it, so I suppose not?

Not a stupid question at all, bitmagnet includes a full torznab api so yep you can see it as an RSS (xml) feed for example to search for '1080p':- http://<server ip>:3333/torznab/api?t=search&q=1080p&limit=200

As mentioned in my quick notes above, this has full integration with prowlarr and jackett too!, prowlarr/jackett add the index site 'BitMagnet (Local DHT)' and voila you are then indexing off your own self hosted site, pretty cool hu!.

14 minutes ago, binhex said:

As mentioned in my quick notes above, this has full integration with prowlarr and jackett too!

Since I don't use those, a quick trip to the support on the bitmagnet site provided me with what I needed for adding it directly to sonarr and radarr, but didn't mention RSS, so I left it checked, and just hoped.

For anyone playing along at home, just add a torznab, put in your http://ip:3333/torznab and delete the api, and you are good.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Since I don't use those,

You really should  you know :-), i know it sounds like yet another bloody thing to configure and manage but prowlarr is awesome, it flipped the idea of configuring apps to talk to the proxy and got the proxy to configure the apps, plus side is once prowlarr is configured for the metadata downloader (for example sonarr) then any subsequent index sites added to prowlarr automagically appear on the metadata downloader, so prowlarr becomes the single point rather than having to configure sonarr, then radarr then lidarr etc etc when an index site goes down or gets added (a frequent occurrence on public torrent index sites) - just food for thought :-).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, binhex said:

You really should  you know 🙂

Ok, I set up prowlarr, added my private trackers no problem, but when I try to add bitmagnet using the address that is working in sonarr and radarr it says "Unable to connect to indexer, please check your DNS settings and ensure IPv6 is working or disabled. Connection timed out (192.168.x.x:3333)"

10 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Ok, I set up prowlarr, added my private trackers no problem, but when I try to add bitmagnet using the address that is working in sonarr and radarr it says "Unable to connect to indexer, please check your DNS settings and ensure IPv6 is working or disabled. Connection timed out (192.168.x.x:3333)"

where is sonarr running? inside the vpn network or just on the standard bridge network?. 

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

where is sonarr running? inside the vpn network or just on the standard bridge network?. 

standard bridge, with proxy settings pointed to the deluge-vpn.

OHHH. I need to use localhost. I think. I'll try it and report back.

Yep, that was it. Thanks for the hint.

However, that brings up another point, I'm gathering that prowlarr sends the tracker info directly to the arr's, which means what is working inside prowlarr isn't going to work in the 'arrs unless I move them inside the vpn. Hmm. This is getting complicated.

12 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

with proxy settings pointed to the deluge-vpn.

no need for proxy any more, prowlarr is now talking to the index sites, so you should end up with prowlarr or jackett sharing a vpn network (say with privoxyvpn for example) and then your downloaders using their own vpn networks each, the rest can go on the standard bridge/host network.