[SOLVED] Where is my drive?

This is going to be a very noobish question but I'm not sure how to search for this. I'm testing out unraid right now and am using the trial version. I have one drive on the array as Disk 2. No parity yet. The array is started and is on the same work group as my PC. I'm trying to transfer files over on to the drive but I do not see it on my network. When I key the IP address to access the server it only shows my flash drive as available. I thought the drive would just automatically show up once it is linked to the network. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or missing something simple. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry, it was late and I just wanted to get that question out because I thought it'd be simple enough that someone could easily answer. Running Windows 7 Pro on the PC. Unraid server does not show under Network. I have to manually enter the IP to see the Flash drive. Running the latest Unraid v5 beta.

I have no user shares. I may not be understanding this correctly but I thought user shares was to combine drives so they have a unified view from other computers viewing them on the network. I have to set up shares just to even see one drive?

Last night, I did think it may be possible that I needed to create shares to see hard drives so I tried to do it with my one drive. I got an error saying something like it could not mount it because the location did not exist. Prior to doing this, I had precleared the drive, added it to the Disk2 location and started the array. Did I miss a step? When configuring the share, I named it, left the storing option as high water, chose to include Disk2 and exclude Disk1.

Since this wasn't working I just started preclearing 2 other harddrives that probably won't be done for a day. If there is a solution, can I do it while the server is working on preclearing two other drives?

Thanks for your replies so far.

Archived