Can someone compile these for me?

I was thinking that too.

Also a central repository to place these files.

Also It;'s much easier and preferred if you can find a SLACKBUILD version of the programs to be compiled.

Then it can be compiled and packaged in one fell swoop. It takes a bit of time to make a proper slackbuild script.

What is linuixdc++? My quick review found this http://www.linuxpackages.net/pkg_details.php?id=11339 which seems to show it beiing a graphical front end of something. If so, this may be an issue as gui libs are not usually on unRAID.

". It is written in C++ and makes use of GTK+ for the user-interface. LinuxDC++ is free and open source software licensed under the GPL."

If you are interested, I've been playing with tinycc. It's a very small C compiler that can literally be used for scripting.

I.E  it has a mode that allows you to use it as an interpreter and have a C program as the script

#!/usr/bin/tcc -run

#include <stdio.h>

main(int arc, char **argv)

{

printf("helllo unRAID world\n");

}

dc+ is P2P protocol.

Works a bit different, but is P2P.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer

The more important in such a server in my opinion is torrent. It is widely used (read this "legally widely used") by many companies to actually download their data (many linux distros use it too as you probably already know). The least you can do is to keep sharing, so a torrent client really fits. (yes I will test what you gave me this weekend)

DC+ is maybe next, as it is mostly used in semi-closed groups and you personally share your data.

You can have a picture of how open and how popular a protocol is by checking out the page above and seeing how many programs actually implement each protocol.