Slow Transfers / Parity Checks? I have a theory

DoeBoye

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates?

I don't have any new info to add to this thread.

To Summarize:

From the responses, I believe the slow-downs I was experiencing were simply due to my extra low clocked CPU. Looks like anything over the 800mhz point, and no slow downs occur.

Solutions?

1. Add support to kernel for ability to modify onDemand governor "up threshold" so the cpu speeds up under lighter loads

2. Modify onDemand minimum frequency to the next available lowest setting (1400mhz in my case)

3. Switch default governor to "performance" instead of "onDemand"

My preference would be #1, but it requires input from Tom, so assuming it is something he is willing to do, I imagine it will only happen after v5 goes gold.

#2 is the best compromise until #1 happens, as it uses less juice then performance governor, but provides enough oomph to not affect speeds.

If more people ran some tests and published results, that would be great, but I have a feeling they will mirror the results we've already seen.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it doesn't appear to have made a difference.  SAB is unpacking one file, and I am transferring 2GB from my workstation, and top is showing 8.68, 5.54, 3.95

So I guess its time for a newer/faster CPU.  Only question is, what matters most... Number of cores, speed of cores, or size of L2/L3?

Archived