free vps 128mb 3gb

tritron

I'd like to know what constituted non use. Do I have to log into it every day or is it ok if I have a webserver running on it and that counts as use or what? Who's up for writing a script or package or something that logs into the vps everyday and does something so we never lose the free accounts?

I'd like to know what constituted non use. Do I have to log into it every day or is it ok if I have a webserver running on it and that counts as use or what? Who's up for writing a script or package or something that logs into the vps everyday and does something so we never lose the free accounts?

What if you put that script on the VPS so the VPS logs into the VPS each day?

Connectionception.

http://serverfault.com/questions/241588/how-to-automate-ssh-login-with-password

Since we are all nicely using each others referral codes - if you look in your ChunkHost account - does anyone actually have an verified referrals?

I'm wondering if the 'free' chunks count towards your referrals or not - or what qualifies as a 'verified referral' ...

Chris

Today, under referrals I see "Clicks" 2 , but not sure if that means they open accounts or not?

Status "pending-machine " still, gave my legit FB account.

Got this today:

We're very sorry your free account hasn't been activated yet!

As a small gesture of our appreciation, we would like to offer you a special, account-wide, permanent 50% discount if you upgrade to any paid Chunk.

If you're not ready to do a paid account, that's fine! Just hang tight!

Your pal,

ChunkHost

This is tempting for the price (looking for an inexpensive one for VPN), but there are a lot of negative reviews on them. Many  say they never got their accounts activated (especially if your FB account doesn't look legit).  Good luck to those who applied though.

I used my legit FB profile and never got the invite, but did receive their offer of a 50% discount.  I personally ended up finding a good deal on lowendbox.com ($12/yr, 256mb RAM and 750GB transfer) and am stoked on it.  Chunkhost does have pretty poor reviews and their support seems close to nonexistent, so even if I end up getting my free VPS I'll likely not even use it.

Still waiting for mine.  Guess they don't like my FB profile.  I just ended up grabbing a $12/year VPS from URPad to play around with, so I could feel like I was having fun, too.  Quite a bit more available bandwidth (500GB).  Already got OpenVPN up and running.  My *nix skills are going to be siiiick.

How do you get that price? On their website it says it's $79/year.

Still waiting for mine.  Guess they don't like my FB profile.  I just ended up grabbing a $12/year VPS from URPad to play around with, so I could feel like I was having fun, too.  Quite a bit more available bandwidth (500GB).  Already got OpenVPN up and running.  My *nix skills are going to be siiiick.

How do you get that price? On their website it says it's $79/year.

As I mentioned earlier today, I picked it up on a special from lowendbox.com.  Unfortunately it's sold out now (old link).  They have some pretty solid deals from time to time.  You can also browse through lowendtalk.com, as they have some people posting about specials there as well.  The problem is a lot of times these providers have some excess capacity, so post a crazy deal to fill it up.  If you monitor those sites on a semi-regular basis, you will definitely find some great deals.

Edit: I've also seen people post on lowendtalk.com asking for people to make offers on what you're looking for, if you'd like to try that route.  You may even be able to email URPad sales and ask if they'll extend that offer to you.

I believe the  key is to use real  Facebook account. I got my account activated with hours. They are using xen

There is another deal for paid

Chicago VPS 2048MB Ram 2TB Bandwidth 50GB Diskspace $30 year

It's back! Just ordered one  VPS from them a few days ago, everything is working great.

I setting it up to run asterisk  postfix relay redirect as Comcast start blocking port 25

Chicago VPS 2048MB Ram 2TB Bandwidth 50GB Diskspace $30 year

Enterprise $30/year

2048MB Dedicated Ram

50GB Diskspace

2TB Bandwidth

100Mbps Port

1xIPv4 Address

SolusVM/OpenVZ

Promo Code: 2GBYR

$30/year with promotion code

Order in Los Angeles [chicagovps.net] | Chicago [chicagovps.net]| Buffalo [chicagovps.net]

https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?gid=3https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?gid=3

I just signed up for almost an identical plan but paid $25/half year. This deal is just good.