Private Internet Access: 20% off VPN Service: $32/year or $5.50 per month

flips

They had this same deal about a year back.. also, it will renew at this price forever apparently.  I don't know when the deal expires, in the thread they talk about it going till the end of the week, so not sure if that means through the weekend or not...

It works out to $2.66 a month. Normally it is $39.95 / $6.95, not smoking, but it will add up in the years to come...

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/96302/private-internet-access-private-internet-access-20-off-vpn-service-32year-or

Here is a recent thread on how to get it working with unraid:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19439.180

flips

Anyone here with a really high speed connection have any experience with these guys? My issue is I have a 115Mbps internet connection and often these services don't provide enough bandwidth to max out your connection. If they do though I may sign up for it.

I didn't have connection issues but I did have speed issues on my 50/25 fios line. I think I received maybe 1MB/s down rather than 6-7 without it. Pretty significant sacrifice.

Well that solves that, then. I'll pass. I can max out my 115Mbps connect on torrents and usenet at 14.4MB/s so 1MB/s would be less than 10% of what I normally get.

Is it possible to use VPN connection only use usenet?

Possibly, it depends on your setup. If you have a dedicated usenet computer or vm, that has a vpn client that works with your chosen service, there is no reason you couldn't do what you want. 

You will probably need to open some ports on your router and forward them to facilitate this kind of access.

Sent from a phone, sorry for any typos

• 2 weeks later...