[SOLVED] Cannot delete folder: access denied & directory not empty

OK I wound up with some duplicate files, and was able to delete all of them but a handful of movies, but they refuse to go. I keep banging my head against this:

xvMGBtP.jpg

1RRvycX.jpg

I'm running 5.0rc12, windows machine is XPsp3. Syslog is attached. I've tried rebooting both machines. I've googled and searched forums here, to that end I tried the Check Disk Filesystems and ran reiserfsck as per the instructions in the wiki. 

EDIT: Ran reiserfsck on the wrong disk. Pay attention folks when reading, esp if you cut & paste commands from anywhere.

Running reiserfsck with the fixable switch solved the issue

*sigh* any suggestions on how to delete the files?

syslog-2013-06-09.txt

If you restart the samba service, I bet the files are already gone. I have had that issue in the past with 4.7, and it always happened when I was managing files using the user shares. The file was actually deleted on the disk, but something wasn't staying in sync. I always do my file management on the disk shares now, and only use the user shares for read access.

If you restart the samba service, I bet the files are already gone. I have had that issue in the past with 4.7, and it always happened when I was managing files using the user shares. The file was actually deleted on the disk, but something wasn't staying in sync. I always do my file management on the disk shares now, and only use the user shares for read access.

the action was done thru disk shares, and I assume restarting both windows and unRAID boxes would restart samba as well.

Thx for the try though :)

Given what you've already tried, REBOOT the system and see if the files are still there.  You might be surprised  :)

If they are, delete them from the individual disks; NOT from the share; and see I you get any permission errors after the reboot.

tried and tried.Several times. Gary these movies are all on one disk, I have been trying to delete from the individual disk and NOT shares from the very beginning.

How did you get duplicates on the SAME disk ??

they're not on the same disk. What I mean is, I have the copies of these movies on disk 1 (where I want them) now trying to delete the duplicates on disk 4. Was able to do that to 90% of the movies, but these last few don't want to go.

*sigh* ok I'm a tard and fscked up the reiserfsck by doing it on the wrong disk ::)

doing it on disk 4 shows one corruption which is being fixed now, will update post when done.

I'm normally not this dum. Reelie.  :P

EDIT: Aaaaaaannnnnnnd it's gone!

Archived