XBMC2Set 2.0 Beta

talkto_menow

This application is not directly connected to unRaid, however many users of this forum include in their setup XBMC and MySQL.

This is beta release of a new version of XBMC2Set. I do not expect any major bugs, but to be on the safe side I'm releasing this update as beta. Initially I created XBMC2Set as a tool to help me organize sets, but as I started working on a new version, I realized that there is room for additional features. So now, starting with version 2.0 you will have chance to organize sets, genres and coming later (studios and countries).

You can download it from HERE

If you have problem downloading it. Right click as select "Save Link As"

Compatible with XBMC 12.2 Frodo

How does it work? - XBMC2Set connects by default to your local xbmc database that is stored in XBMC folder. All changes are created within database. You can create your custom sets and genres. You can delete or move individual items or whole group of items. Working directly within database is way faster than updating data from nfo files.

It works with MySQL database - If your XBMC setup is using MySQL database, all you have to do is to provide server credentials:

*You will find this setting under Tools/Settings

Localhost - IP address or name of a computer where MySQL is installed

Database -  XBMC "Frodo" creates database called MyVideos75, but you can also setup database with any other name

Port - by default MySQL is using port 3306

User - name of xbmc user that you created within MySQL

Password - password for that user

UPDATE: Jan 29th, 2014

- Added support for TV Series Genres

I was asked how to add a movie to existing set

Start typing name of the existing set in box "Name:" . This would bring up drop down list of the set you are looking for. Select that set name and from the list of the movies underneath select one that you want to add. You can select one or more items. Now, click "save" button and you are done.

1. Reload all movies

2. Latest 10 movies added to library

3. Filter movies by first letter

4. Movies with missing genres

5. Filter movies by source

6. Type new name or select one from existing list

howto01.png

• 1 month later...

Not yet. I will include this feature. However, it will be very difficult to track all the changes and nfo files that needs to be updated. That means all nfo files would have to be updated. This is not a problem with small libraries, but with big ones it would be little bit annoying. I believe there is better way of doing it using database backup and restore feature and preserving not only metadata but bookmarks and watched status regardless of any sources changes. So you could restore your XBMC library even if you move your files or re-build your library from scratch. 

no worries. there wont be many changes. most of my nfo files already have the correct info but there is a a dozen or so i need to change. i only do a hard refresh when a new version of xbmc is out and gotham is coming soon. otherwise i restore from my database :P

ill go ahead and try it out :)

Sorry, I don't think I explained correctly. Updating nfo files would mean that each individual nfo file in entire library would have to be opened and updated with information from database regardless whether such a change exists. Now imagine that you have couple TB's of movies and tv series and you do nfo update after each change you make in DB. Spin up drives, open nfo file and update =  it takes time.

Archived