X7SPA-D525-HF beeps and errors

Hi all,

I'm really starting hating this motherboard. Since the day I bought it I have had always the same problem: IPMI picks up wrong temperatures or wrong fan speed. This means that every now and then fans spin at maximum RPM and the buzzer start beeping loudly. I updated the firmware and also the BIOS but the problem persist!

My log is full of "Lower Non-Critical - Going Low - Asserted", sometime referred to the CPU fan, sometime to the SYS fan.

I really don't know what is happening. Any suggestion?

:-\

• 1 month later...

I found what causes the motherboard to beep: sometimes the system senses that the CPU fan is at 0 rpm even if the fan is not connected! Updating the bios desn't seem to solve the problem :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??  There isn't a CPU fan on this board -- it's passively cooled !!  8)

... There are in fact two fan connectors on the x7spa ...

True.  And if they're enabled they will indeed generate warnings if the fans aren't spinning.

HOWEVER ... according to the manual, "... The default setting is Disabled."  ==> which, of course, makes sense, as the CPU uses passive cooling.

I suppose the BIOS may have been inadvertently modified to enable this warning -- in which case the solution is to simply disable it  :)

There are in fact two fan connectors on the x7spa and if 0 rpm is detected an assertion can be generated.

Can you generate the output for "ipmitool sensor"?

I don't have the ipmitool package...

And in the bios I have no option regarding cpu fan... Help...

screen.jpg

• 2 weeks later...