[SOLVED]Multiple Hard drives to show as one drive.

Okay I am showing on my Network that i have 12 disks + my cache

Total I have 48TB storage, 4tb Parity and a 128 ssd cache

I would like to see is if there is a way to make some of those 12 disks show up as more than one before I map the drive.

Thank you for the help.

I did do a search and searched through the WIKI/FAQ

... make some of those 12 disks show up as more than one before I map the drive.

I presume you mean you want multiple drives to be combined into one reference.    If that's the case, then just set up a User share, as Jonathanm noted.

If, for example, you create a User Share named "MyBigDrive", and don't restrict it by setting any includes or excludes (just leave those fields blank), then you can access \\Tower\MyBigDrive and it will automatically use all 12 of your disks.

Note that if you click on each of your disks on the Web GUI, you can change the "Export" status.  If you set this to No (or "Hidden") then they won't show up when you access the server ... so you'll only see the user shares.    The difference between No and Hidden is that No will keep the drive from being exported;  Hidden will keep it from showing up when you scan the network, but you'll still be able to access it with a direct path ... i.e. \\Tower\Disk1

First, you have to 'Enable User Shares' under the 'Share Settings' on the 'Settings' page.

Second, you have add a Share under the 'Shares' page. (You do this by clicking the 'Add Share' button.)

You can find more information about setting up a user share in the following section of the WIKI:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Un-Official_UnRAID_Manual#Shares

Don't worry about the details the first time you do it.  Most of the settings can be easily changed later.  The only real gotcha's are in setting up the share name-- there are some restrictions on allowed characters.

A quick explanation might be necessary since I would guess that you already have some data on these disks.  unRAID makes a folder on the first drive that it is going to use when it first sets the share up.  It then stores all of the files that you put into that share inside that folder.  When a second disk becomes necessary, it will will automatically create that folder on the next disk.  However say, you create a user share named 'Movies' and there already is a folder named 'Movies' on one or more disks, all of  those folders will become a part of the user share-- Movies --and all of the files and sub-folders in those folders will show up in your new user share.