Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 - 8 Sata PCI-E 4x non-raid controller card

Romir

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just been reading a thread @ another website; http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1397855

it seems like some of those guys got it working (on the last page) with linux, but the write speeds are TERRIBLE (95KB/s) and seems to be alot of messing around to get it working, but there are instructions. looks like you need to compile a specific module which is on their website as the linux kernel currently doesn't support it. supermicro don't provide any help except saying they only provide drivers for redhat & suse

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034069470&postcount=189 is probably the most useful post

I love Supermicro and I love the sound of this card. But I think what we need here is patience. The Linux community as a whole will want/demand/need support for this card as the price point and features just fit. aka lets just keep googling until someone other than Tom has done the work or its supported by default in the kernel rather than eat up Toms time for what seems like a bit of a ugly hack this now

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wolfdv

I agree I would love to see this card supported soon  :)

Currently just bought a new Norco 4020 case, and am going to make my first venture into unraid (after using WHS for quite a while)

the 2 of these AOC-SASLP-MV8 seems like the perfect cards for me (if they ever get supported)

oh the decisions... I either get a pci-x board to support the good ol' Supermicro AOC SAT2-MV8 Pci-X cards now , or wait a bit to get comfirmation and go with the faster AOC SASLP-MV8 pci-e cards.

I cant wait; vey excited... looking at building this media server with nothing less than 1.5 and 2TB drives

Has anyone tested the card with Beta 6?

I just got back from holidays.

I might try and test it if I get a chance.

It won't work.  I haven't tried this card specifically, but the kernel issues with SAS (HDIO_GET_IDENTITY) are still there.  Tom was expecting the kernel update would fix this but no such luck.

Now that summer is here though, it is all about the boat, and wakeboarding/skating.

Sounds like you got your priorities straight to me.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any progress or update on this card?

I just have a couple pci cards, would like to be able to use one pci-e. Is there another pci-e card similarly priced that would work?

I thought the real issue was support for the card in the linux kernel was not working well.  That would be addressed elsewhere.

Once it works reliably then it can be integrated into unraid but not before.

Posts here seem to suggest there are still problems - http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1397855&page=15

• 1 month later...