[Resolved] Orange ball on cache only share

Traxxus

Is this normal? Orange ball means it's a share that has files waiting to be written to it from the cache drive correct? So why would a cache only share (apps/sabnzbd, CP, NZBDrone)have an orange ball?

I think Orange means there are files on the Cache disk for the share.  By that definition a cache-only share will always be Orange.

It all depends on WHERE (which UI Screen) you see the Orange. It's a source of confusion for sure.

One one screen it means files are on cache drive, but on another screen it means something like invalid drive rebuild or invalid filesystem detected. It's a bit of a mess.

Even though it looks orange its supposedly yellow.  (Source http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Un-Official_UnRAID_Manual#Colored_status_indicator)

Yellow: the data contents of the actual hard drive are invalid. The parity disk has this status when Parity-Sync is taking place. A data disk has this status during Reconstruction.

I believe that it is intended to improve accessibility of the UI, and if so that should mean a move towards using icons with different symbols rather than relying on colour as an important criteria for indicating state (after all a significant proportion of people have some sort of colour blindness).

It all depends on WHERE (which UI Screen) you see the Orange. It's a source of confusion for sure.

One one screen it means files are on cache drive, but on another screen it means something like invalid drive rebuild or invalid filesystem detected. It's a bit of a mess.

Even though it looks orange its supposedly yellow.  (Source http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Un-Official_UnRAID_Manual#Colored_status_indicator)

Yellow: the data contents of the actual hard drive are invalid. The parity disk has this status when Parity-Sync is taking place. A data disk has this status during Reconstruction.

I'm seeing it on the shares page.

Is this normal? Orange ball means it's a share that has files waiting to be written to it from the cache drive correct? So why would a cache only share (apps/sabnzbd, CP, NZBDrone)have an orange ball?

I think Orange means there are files on the Cache disk for the share.  By that definition a cache-only share will always be Orange.

You're right, I decided to install Dynamix, and it says on hover, that it means "Cache contains files". Small distinction, but it does explain it. 

Archived