nzbdrone - sonarr path config not working

I'm trying to setup Sonarr to see if it will work for me as a replacement for sickbeard, I'm getting an error when it tries to move a completed download it's looking in the wrong spot:

Couldn't import file. /config/downloads/complete/Sonarr/The.Simpsons.S26E01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.AAC2.0.H.264-YFN-NZBgeek: File doesn't exist:

Here's my docker config:

SonarrDockerSettings.jpg

It looks to me like the docker settings are correct but sonarr is treating the path like it starts in it's config folder, anyone else have this problem?

Try changing your drone factory folder to be /downloads

Are you running sonnar, and have it configured that way? This seems like it's obviously not using the docker's download folder pather correctly and the factory folder would just be a workaround instead of fixing the problem

I thought the factory folder was a place to put tv episodes to have them manually post processed

You have  to point the download directories in both SAB and Sonarr to /downloads inside the docker apps. Then, you have to point /downloads to the same location on the server in the setup of both apps.

Each Docker has no clue of any other directory on the server except for the ones you map in each docker config. If you point the download location to different directories for each app then each app can't see the data the other app can.

Are you running sonnar, and have it configured that way? This seems like it's obviously not using the docker's download folder pather correctly and the factory folder would just be a workaround instead of fixing the problem

I thought the factory folder was a place to put tv episodes to have them manually post processed

The way that I understand nzbdrone / sonarr is that it picks up the path to the downloaded files from communicating with SabNZB through the API.  However, it seems to me (could be wrong) that SAB will transmit the path to where it thinks the file is.  Since we are using Dockers, the container volume between the two different dockers may be different (even though the host volume is the same).  Long story short, setting up the path in dronefactory fixed the problem for me. Sonarr processes the files, and moves them properly to the appropriate folder.

Once I had it working, I didn't worry too much about the issue.

The way that I understand nzbdrone / sonarr is that it picks up the path to the downloaded files from communicating with SabNZB through the API.  However, it seems to me (could be wrong) that SAB will transmit the path to where it thinks the file is.  Since we are using Dockers, the container volume between the two different dockers may be different (even though the host volume is the same).  Long story short, setting up the path in dronefactory fixed the problem for me. Sonarr processes the files, and moves them properly to the appropriate folder.

Once I had it working, I didn't worry too much about the issue.

Yes, Sonarr uses the SAB API to track status and final location. This is why you point /downloads to the same server location when setting up both Dockers.  When both apps access /downloads they find the same data.

Instead of using a download directory for each application, I would recommend you make a downloads directory and point all applications to the same directory.

You have  to point the download directories in both SAB and Sonarr to /downloads inside the docker apps. Then, you have to point /downloads to the same location on the server in the setup of both apps.

Each Docker has no clue of any other directory on the server except for the ones you map in each docker config. If you point the download location to different directories for each app then each app can't see the data the other app can.

I don't think this is right, if you look at the config screenshot I posted you will see that nzbdrone has the download folder inside the path section, that's what the path section is for, It's working for me that with with every other docker I have installed. The factory thing is working, but I still think it's just fixing the symptom not the problem, I'll post in the needo section and see if anyone else has the same problem.

I'm exactly right. When you map the /downloads you must put the EXACT same thing on the host path side for both SAB and Sonarr.

Setup both Dockers with /downloads mapped to the EXACT same location on your server. The Text on the host path side MUST match exactly.

In SAB, go to the config and change the download folders to be "/downloads/complete" and "/downloads/incomplete"

Just read the error;

SAB has told Sonarr that it downloaded to /config/downloads/.....

Sonarr is linked via your setup so that /config represents /mnt/user/appdata/NzbDrone on your server. Browse /mnt/user/appdata/NzbDrone on your server and you WILL NOT find the downloads directory because you have the downloads directory in /mnt/user/appdata/SAB.

I'm exactly right.

Yeah, you are.  Just double checked my mappings, and my nzbdrone host mapping is set to my television category within the downloads.

Like I said, didn't care too much since drone factory worked around it.

Yes, remove that extra directory levels (complete and tv) and NZBdrone will use the SAB API to process like it's designed. I did the same thing when I first set it up.

ok, that makes sense, I'm trying it out now, sabnzbd is looking for absolute path for downloads, mine is at /mnt/user/appdata/downloads, is that path what's it's looking for?

I had all of my stuff downloading into the sabnzbd config folder, I'm going to try moving them all out to that share, that seems cleaner and makes more sense

Yes, remove that extra directory levels (complete and tv) and NZBdrone will use the SAB API to process like it's designed. I did the same thing when I first set it up.

I did it because I came from Sickbeard, and setup NZBDrone the same way....  Still like using SickBeard better.  Only switched because NZBDrone will blacklist and try a different release automatically.  Now just have to wait til tonight to see if the new mappings work correctly

Is the stop and restart buttons in settings working for you guys? I've had my database corrupted twice now, and I thinks it's from updating the docker config while nzbdrone is still running

Never use those buttons.  I just use stop & start from the Docker page.

But, as it happens, when I changed my mappings, for some reason NZBDrone did lose track of a lot of settings (qualities, etc) - didn't trash the database however.  It threw up a whack of API errors and wanted to reinstall .2633

I just told it to manually reinstall .2633 and everything returned to normal.

Worked like a charm.  Nothing like an easier setup.

This is working for me too, I did try changing the path to /downloads/sonarr and while sabnzbd will save to that location, sonarr will not retrieve the files from it, the error even has the correct path, it just won't work unless it's the root of the /download folder

This is working for me too, I did try changing the path to /downloads/sonarr and while sabnzbd will save to that location, sonarr will not retrieve the files from it, the error even has the correct path, it just won't work unless it's the root of the /download folder

BUT IT WAS NOT THE CORRECT PATH INSIDE THE SONARR DOCKER....

Look at this example;

On Server you have this dir to the episode - /mnt/user/appdata/DLdir/complete/sonarr/showdir/show.mkv

Say you map the Docker volumes like this;

SAB:      /downloads = /mnt/user/appdata/DLdir

Sonarr:  /downloads = /mnt/user/appdata/DLdir/complete/sonarr

Now, when SAB says the file is located here -> /downloads/complete/sonarr/showdir/show.mkv

Sonarr accesses it's /downloads directory and see's this -> /downloads/showdir/show.mkv

In Sonarr's little Docker world, /downloads/complete/sonarr/showdir/show.mkv doesn't exist and it fails.

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THIS!  I have been at this for 3 days and was re-installing my docker containers many times thinking I had some sort of corruption.  I got a little of my sanity back!

Its a work around, but it really is the wrong way of doing it (as I discovered a couple of posts up).  If you have the host volume set to the same path on both sab and nzbdrone then you shouldn't need to use drone factory.

when i had couchpotato, sickbeard and SAB on bare metal, one of the things i discovered with CP and using it with SAB was that for CP to pick up the movies and delete them from SAB upon completion the path for downloads needs to be identical in both.

so for dockers this translates to

if sab puts movies in /downloads/Movies/

then the downloads folder for CP must be /downloads/Movies

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THIS!  I have been at this for 3 days and was re-installing my docker containers many times thinking I had some sort of corruption.  I got a little of my sanity back!

Ok, I just discovered that Sonarr is stating:

"Unable to write to drone factory folder"

So I go and look where I have nzbget putting the downloaded stuff.  It is in /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget/downloads/dst/tv and I have a container volume for sonarr called /downloads that has a path of /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget/downloads/dst/tv.  When I go look under /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget/downloads/dst/tv, I can see a ton of files that have not been moved for some odd reason which points back to sonarr not being able to write to the drone factory folder.  Any ideas or workarounds?

Ok, I just discovered that Sonarr is stating:

"Unable to write to drone factory folder"

So I go and look where I have nzbget putting the downloaded stuff.  It is in /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget/downloads/dst/tv and I have a container volume for sonarr called /downloads that has a path of /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget/downloads/dst/tv.  When I go look under /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget/downloads/dst/tv, I can see a ton of files that have not been moved for some odd reason which points back to sonarr not being able to write to the drone factory folder.  Any ideas or workarounds?

I went to docker and stopped/started sonarr and the problem went away.  Everything is being moved now.  WEIRD!

• 2 months later...

I hate to revive an old thread like this but I am having the same issue and I am tearing my hair out trying to get this all to work right.

I have the downloads directory set exactly the same on both sabnzbd and sonarr docker pages which I THINK is what you guys are saying to do. but I still get the import error no matter what I do.

• 1 month later...

I'm still having this problem too.

SAB settings

in Volume mappings:

/downloads  == /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/

in configuration's User Folders:

Completed Download Folder == Downloads/complete

in category

tv == tv

SONARR settings

in Volume mappings:

/downloads == /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/

My hunch is I'm missing the Server Host Path? Not sure where to config that..