Problem in transmission...

Hello,

I'm new with docker, I'm using a cache SSD drive with btrfs filesystem. I have two folders in array, both are set as private config. Both are set as user "us1" with (read/write ) permission.

I installed transmission container with (gfjardim/transmission) repositories, the problem that I have now is with the right of the files on transmission. Every time that I download a torrent then transmission report : "permission denied".

So, I see transmission is running by user "nobody" but in USERNAME is set with "us1".

Please can someone help me?, thanks.

Username and password variables are only used for Web ui access.

I see the transmission log and in this path (/mnt/user) it tells "permission denied". I'm using transmission-gui from windows and when I download a torrent to this path (/mnt/user/downloads) then transmission not download the torrent file.

In transmission docker settins I set a CONTAINER VOLUME as "/downloads" then I set in HOST PATH "/mnt/user/", I think this is the correct path or maybe I need to set other location?

thanks

Username and password variables are only used for Web ui access.

I see the transmission log and in this path (/mnt/user) it tells "permission denied". I'm using transmission-gui from windows and when I download a torrent to this path (/mnt/user/downloads) then transmission not download the torrent file.

In transmission docker settins I set a CONTAINER VOLUME as "/downloads" then I set in HOST PATH "/mnt/user/", I think this is the correct path or maybe I need to set other location?

thanks

In the transmission GUI, you're going to set the path to /downloads.    Docker will then map the container volume /downloads to be equivalent to /mnt/user. 

I don't use transmission, but I would this that you would want to make the host path to be something like /mnt/user/downloads.  Otherwise, any new folder which transmission makes in its /downloads folder will wind up being a new user share (which you probably don't want)

In the transmission GUI, you're going to set the path to /downloads.    Docker will then map the container volume /downloads to be equivalent to /mnt/user. 

I don't use transmission, but I would this that you would want to make the host path to be something like /mnt/user/downloads.  Otherwise, any new folder which transmission makes in its /downloads folder will wind up being a new user share (which you probably don't want)

thanks squid, I'll make a centralized folder because I have many of them so I need to set-up some of them in container volume as many folders that I have?.

thanks squid, I'll make a centralized folder because I have many of them so I need to set-up some of them in container volume as many folders that I have?.

Just set up a single container volume /downloads and have transmission create all the other folders within that.  I would think that thats the easiest way

I have mine mapped as such:

Torrents/complete

Torrents/incomplete

I tend to cheat. Set the container up the best you can and then stop the container.  CD to your docker container.  In my case /mnt/cache/docker/appdata/tranmission.  Then "nano" settings.son and edit to your liking (container must be stopped).  I changed the complete and incomplete sections and changed the UMASK to 2. Re-start container and everything you edited sticks for the exception of port. make sure that is taken care of in the initial stage on the -p section.

Kryspy

Screenshot_2015-02-02_12_04_51.png.f2a35e50639a4af66c358efe8b059711.png

Just set up a single container volume /downloads and have transmission create all the other folders within that.  I would think that thats the easiest way

OK, finally this work fine. It seems all the changes that I was set in transmission config file not commit fine.

I tend to cheat. Set the container up the best you can and then stop the container.  CD to your docker container.  In my case /mnt/cache/docker/appdata/tranmission.  Then "nano" settings.son and edit to your liking (container must be stopped).  I changed the complete and incomplete sections and changed the UMASK to 2. Re-start container and everything you edited sticks for the exception of port. make sure that is taken care of in the initial stage on the -p section.

I set UMASK to 0, as the phaze plugin.In my case my config files are in: /mnt/cache/apps/transmission.

Another question is related to use of disk, only the cache drive was set to never spin down. If you want to give more life of your drives then you need to set up a time to spin down disks?

thank you for all.