[SOLVED] Anyone else having trouble at the moment?

CHBMB

See last post for conclusions

Still trying to get my UnRAID array up and going, very nearly there,  at some point this morning, all my containers were showing N/A in red next to them. 

Had to reboot to add another disk and thought I'd play around.  Deleted my docker.img and recreated it but although the file was present on the disk nothing was showing up under Docker Images on the WebUI.

Tried a completely fresh UnRAID install, adding my data disks and attempting to start from scratch but still the same problem.

Can reach all the repositories from smdion, needo etc via the web but can't save them on the WebUI.

Can't work out where the docker.img files are downloaded as was wondering if it was unable to create the image correctly and download the necessary file.

Have tried creating docker.img on my xfs formatted cache drive and btrfs SSD which is part of the array (Set the image to be saved specifically to that disk)

Feb 4 01:38:11 Tower php: /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start
Feb 4 01:38:11 Tower php: Creating new image file for Docker: /mnt/cache/Docker/docker.img size: 50G
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower php: Btrfs v3.17.2#012See http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for more information.#012#012Turning ON incompat feature 'extref': increased hardlink limit per file to 65536#012fs created label (null) on /mnt/cache/Docker/docker.img#012#011nodesize 16384 leafsize 16384 sectorsize 4096 size 50.00GiB
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS: device fsid 3f503a81-d082-4c55-8737-add0e6a462a1 devid 1 transid 4 /dev/loop8
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device loop8): disk space caching is enabled
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS: flagging fs with big metadata feature
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS: creating UUID tree
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower php: Resize '/var/lib/docker' of 'max'
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower php: starting docker ...
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS: new size for /dev/loop8 is 53687091200
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower kernel: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower avahi-daemon[3066]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface docker0.IPv4 with address 172.17.42.1.
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower avahi-daemon[3066]: New relevant interface docker0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Feb 4 01:38:12 Tower avahi-daemon[3066]: Registering new address record for 172.17.42.1 on docker0.IPv4.
Feb 4 01:38:14 Tower php: 
Feb 4 01:38:53 Tower php: /etc/rc.d/rc.docker stop
Feb 4 01:38:53 Tower php: stopping docker ...
Feb 4 01:38:54 Tower php: unmounting docker loopback
Feb 4 01:38:56 Tower php: 
Feb 4 01:40:12 Tower php: /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start
Feb 4 01:40:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device loop8): disk space caching is enabled
Feb 4 01:40:12 Tower php: Resize '/var/lib/docker' of 'max'
Feb 4 01:40:12 Tower php: starting docker ...
Feb 4 01:40:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS: new size for /dev/loop8 is 53687091200
Feb 4 01:40:14 Tower php: 

Here's the relevant bit of my syslog and I can't see anything untoward myself, so was wondering if anyone was having similar problems at the moment?

Anyone got any ideas?

Just to play devils advocate, Ubuntu server VM... It seems like a good group of people have issues with docker after each unRAID beta update. My Ubuntu VM has worked flawlessly since beta 6... Anyway just thought I would throw that out there.

It's not a bad idea at all, and one I have toyed with.  I do like the simplicity of dockers though and I'm not the most skilled with the Linux CLI.  My last setup was a Linux Mint VM but couldn't quite get everything working. 

I had Docker up and running, but the N/A next to my containers were a perfect example of curiosity killed the cat.  Started afresh and couldn't get anywhere as the registry was down.  On the plus side, at least I know why the N/A appeared.....

Anyone got any ideas?

Just to play devils advocate, Ubuntu server VM... It seems like a good group of people have issues with docker after each unRAID beta update. My Ubuntu VM has worked flawlessly since beta 6... Anyway just thought I would throw that out there.

It's not a bad idea at all, and one I have toyed with.  I do like the simplicity of dockers though and I'm not the most skilled with the Linux CLI.  My last setup was a Linux Mint VM but couldn't quite get everything working. 

I had Docker up and running, but the N/A next to my containers were a perfect example of curiosity killed the cat.  Started afresh and couldn't get anywhere as the registry was down.  On the plus side, at least I know why the N/A appeared.....

A problem with Docker Registry it's very rare. The timeout issue is being addressed by Eric.

So finally started working at some point between 22:00 4th February and 08:00 on 5th February - Forum time.

There was an issue for others as documented here but seems sporadic and uncommon.

Posting back so that if anyone else has similar issues then they will know the cause.

As gfjardim said it is being looked into and as there isn't a timeout on curl in the plugin, it was causing my webgui to hang.

Problem is there was no way to check if it was back up and I found myself restarting my server after each failed attempt.

If you think this may be your problem then a simple way to check is to SSH into your box and run a docker pull

For example

docker pull needo/mariadb

If you're having the same problem I had then after about a minute you'll get an error message along the lines of

Get https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/... read tcp 162.242.195.84:443: i/o timeout

Once the problem has disappeared and you can pull successfully, you're good to go with using the webgui again.

Thanks to gfjardim for telling me the issue as I don't think I'd have figured it out by myself!