Is there an easy way out? Beginners error setting up shares etc.

dikkiedirk

I made an error setting up my shares. I made several shares for DVD, mkv, BluRay etc. in the root. I now want to create one share named Media or something like that, and put the contents of these shares in separate folders under this share. Is there an easy way to do this? Or should I just create a folder called Media on each disk and move the folders DVD mkv BluRay and others in this folder ? 

I made an error setting up my shares. I made several shares for DVD, mkv, BluRay etc. in the root. I now want to create one share named Media or something like that, and put the contents of these shares in separate folders under this share. Is there an easy way to do this? Or should I just create a folder called Media on each disk and move the folders DVD mkv BluRay and others in this folder ?

just create a folder called Media on each disk and move the folders DVD mkv BluRay and others in this folder

When you have finished the move, you can go to the share page for each of the shares. It should indicate the ones you have moved are empty, and it will let you delete the share.

Should the split level be increased to? There is now an extra level Media added?

Probably (depending on what is the current value).

One reason that many people often do NOT put all media under a common share is that they want different split levels for the different media types.

Should the split level be increased to? There is now an extra level Media added?

Probably (depending on what is the current value).

One reason that many people often do NOT put all media under a common share is that they want different split levels for the different media types.

Good point you make there. I might leave it the way I have it now then. I knew there was a reason I did this when I set it up.

I saw the different split levels when checking the different shares. Glad I put this question here.

Thanks, you saved me some work and possible trouble afterwards.

Archived