Docker noob having no luck

I'm trying to setup my first docker and having little luck, in fact, no luck.

First, Service status is stopped and I can't find a way to start it.  Didn't find much in a search. There was some mention of an enable button, but I think that might be for an earlier version

Second, Docker Image is: /mnt/cache/docker/docker. I guess this is alright.

Third, Template repositories: I can paste a url here, but when I click on save nothing happens. The url disappears. This issue might be related to the service being stopped?

I am running ver 6.12

Second, Docker Image is: /mnt/cache/docker/docker. I guess this is alright.

If the folder which you are trying to create docker.img in does not already exist, then I believe that docker will create all of the traits as you've described.  (It does pop up an error message that disappears right away)

Either set your image file to be /mnt/cache/docker.img or leave it the way that it is (/mnt/cache/docker/docker.img) and make sure that you have created a cache only share called docker before hand.

Thanks, I now see what is to happen

I was able to create the docker container, but the docker.img file is at the root of my cache. Can I move this down a level  and change the config accordingly?

What does this mean?:  I'm referring to the last line ( Btrfs v3.17.2)  Is the cache drive now formatted to btrfs? 

Label: none  uuid: 0cbbd80d-b9b5-4da2-90aa-2b7c4d066b4f

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 7.18MiB

devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 2.04GiB path /dev/loop8

Btrfs v3.17.2

Two more questions

1. When I created a docker share, I was not sure what I should do about what drives to include/exclude

2. Can I delete the docker config file and start over?

Thanks

Thanks, I now see what is to happen

I was able to create the docker container, but the docker.img file is at the root of my cache. Can I move this down a level  and change the config accordingly?

What does this mean?:  I'm referring to the last line ( Btrfs v3.17.2)  Is the cache drive now formatted to btrfs? 

Label: none  uuid: 0cbbd80d-b9b5-4da2-90aa-2b7c4d066b4f

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 7.18MiB

devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 2.04GiB path /dev/loop8

Btrfs v3.17.2

Two more questions

1. When I created a docker share, I was not sure what I should do about what drives to include/exclude

2. Can I delete the docker config file and start over?

Thanks

docker.img is itself a btrfs "virtual disk". The format of your cache disk isn't changed.

When you create a docker share on your cache disk, forget about includes/excludes. What you MUST do is set it to Use cache: ONLY.

Still having problems.

When I try to add a docker container and click on the Select a Template drop down list button, nothing appears. I have saved an url to the repository, but it does not appear on the list. I would appreciate some helpon this

This is the url: https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates/blob/master/binhex/minidlna.xml'>https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates/blob/master/binhex/minidlna.xml

That's not the proper URL. Change it to this:  https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates

Then select minidlna from the template list.

Thanks, PCRx, That was my problem. This docker concept has been a challenge for me. Google searches provides information aimed for the more Linux literate, and unRaid searches have not yet provided me with the specific info I am looking for.

Other questions: What goes in the Container Volume and Host Path fields. Ditto, for the Environment Variables

Thanks

The container volumes are how the docker container refers to your files.  The host volume path are how unRAID refers to your files.  The one is "mapped" to the other.  Pretty much the same way as you would map a network drive on windows

So you would set a container volume to be something like /movies.  The host path would be something like /mnt/user/movies.    In the GUI for the container, you would tell it to look at /movies.  When docker translates that it will load the media from /mnt/user/movies.

Its about the only confusing part of the whole thing.

There is no need to set any environment variables for a container.  But if the container has the option for one (usually an EDGE) then directions are in the support thread