Sabnzbd and Sickbeard config

Indy1204

Finally made the shift over to unRAID 6 and converted everything I was running over to dockers. Thought I had it all worked out but the only thing not working in having TV shows moved over to the proper folder. I've read a number of threads but I just can't get it to go. Could be that I've worked 35 of the last 48 hours I'm not seeing straight, but I really want to get this working. Anyone want to take mercy on me and show me their unRAID paths as well as their SAB and SB paths?

Thanks

Make sure the volumes for /downloads points to same server location in both dockers. Once you do that make sure Sickbeard has "/downloads/complete/tv" in the TV Download Dir box and check the scan and process box.

Yes pay attention otherwise the end up in the dockers never never land.

Matching the volumes isn't necessary with these 2, but matching the volumes means you can use the same directories inside each app and save confusion. If you use SAB and Sonarr together you must use the same path for the volumes or the API based post-processing won't work.

I can't recall but you may have to set the complete and incomplete downloads directories to /downloads/complete and /downloads/incomplete in SAB and then set a category tv with a folder tv. Then, also set Sickbeard to use tv as the category.

You forgot the forward slash in /downloads/complete and /downloads/incomplete in SAB.

I think you'll find you now have both a /downloads and /Downloads directory in your SAB config folder on your cache. See at the top where it says the default base folder is /config? Without the / the directories on that page go there.  Take a look on the server because going through Windows won't show the folders.

I thought that was going to be it, but it still failed. I'm at a complete loss. I renamed some paths to try and simplify things and tried again only to see if fail. Here is another batch of screenshots. I tried manual post processing in SB at the end and I included a screenshot of that.

Anything seem obvious that I'm missing? Is it possible to install these in the same container so I don't need to worry about this?

Thanks

Anyone want to take mercy on me and show me their unRAID paths as well as their SAB and SB paths?

Just jumped into v6 and Docker and I'm having similar problems as the OP syncing up my folders and paths. I've had SAB and SB working fine on a Windows computer, but can't seem to find the right paths/mappings to make the separate containers work together.  Could someone just list their paths and folders for those of us who are stuck like this?

Thanks in advance!

I had the same problems at first when I started using Docker on unRaid6, the confusion of the container and host paths. Someone suggested that we should add a Container Volume of /mnt and a Host path of /mnt/. This essentially opens up all your unRaid shares to the docker app, which some say is not ideal since it exposes all your shares to rogue or badly written dockers. Adding the new volume allows you to use /mnt/user/.... in the docker app, this case SAB and is consistent when using SAB Plugin in the past. Hope this helps.

I had the same problems at first when I started using Docker on unRaid6, the confusion of the container and host paths. Someone suggested that we should add a Container Volume of /mnt and a Host path of /mnt/. This essentially opens up all your unRaid shares to the docker app, which some say is not ideal since it exposes all your shares to rogue or badly written dockers. Adding the new volume allows you to use /mnt/user/.... in the docker app, this case SAB and is consistent when using SAB Plugin in the past. Hope this helps.

This worked for me. Thanks to all that commented. As chiphayes said if someone could post their config that doesn't have it wide open on /mnt that would be great. Appreciate all of your help.

Now that you've got it working, all you need to do is duplicate all the paths you've setup in SAB and SB and create new Container Volumes and Host Paths to match those paths for each docker.

eg. /Movies -> /mnt/user/Movies then replace /mnt/user/Movies in SAB to just /Movies. Personally, I'd rather just open it all up and not have to remember what path points to what inside the Docker app.

When I switched to Docker, I knew I'd have problems with SickBeard's Post processing. It's was always difficult to get this working even as plugins. I switched to NZBDrone/Sonarr and it works just as well as SB, without the tears associated with getting SAB/SB Post Processing to work.

It's really not that hard.

/unraid_downloads is your base directory inside the dockers. Set SAB to create /complete and /incomplete directories inside this. Then, use the categories to create a /tv or /movies or /music etc directory in the /complete directory. You get an inside docker directory structure like this,

/unraid_downloads

/unraid_downloads/incomplete

/unraid_downloads/complete

/unraid_downloads/incomplete/tv

/unraid_downloads/incomplete/movies

/unraid_downloads/incomplete/music

You should have

SAB incomplete = /unraid_downloads/incomplete

sick download folder = /unraid_downloads/complete/tv

also

SAB category music directory = music

SAB category movies directory = movies

because the directories you have right now don't work.

Archived