Windows 10 error during installation

Hello everyone

first of all i don't have much experience with this sort of stuff.

So i was trying to install windows 10 (build 10041) to my server (6.0-beta14b).

I create a vm with the windows iso and virtio driver iso and connect via VNC, first i get the Win10 splash screen and then a blue screen and the error: System_Thread_Exception_not_Handled.

then it restarts and the same thing happens again and again.

i know i'm missing something.

thanks in advance.

I never was able to install a new Build (after 9926) on my Unraid 6b14b on KVM.  I tried 10041 and the previous one, both gave me the same error message than you.

I also tried to "windows Update" my 9926 to the latest build from the Update you can run inside Win10 and it result with the same, but my VM recovered to 9926 automatically.

What are your Board & CPU?  Mine is a Supermicro X10SLL-F with a Xeon E3-1230v2

I never was able to install a new Build (after 9926) on my Unraid 6b14b on KVM.  I tried 10041 and the previous one, both gave me the same error message than you.

I also tried to "windows Update" my 9926 to the latest build from the Update you can run inside Win10 and it result with the same, but my VM recovered to 9926 automatically.

What are your Board & CPU?  Mine is a Supermicro X10SLL-F with a Xeon E3-1230v2

I've had the same issue with VMware Workstation => trying to use Windows Update to get to 10041 has the same result [fails, but recovers to 9926]; and trying to load a new VM with the 10041 ISO simply fails.

Haven't tried to load a physical system with the 10041 build => hopefully it DOES actually work  :)

Hadn't tried this for a couple weeks, so I just tried it again => and it worked just fine (using Windows Update).

It's a slightly newer build, however =>  Build 10049

Did you install that build # from scratch or did you have to do a Windows update to get it?

Hadn't tried this for a couple weeks, so I just tried it again => and it worked just fine (using Windows Update).

Did you install that build # from scratch or did you have to do a Windows update to get it?

Did a Windows Update.

Did a Windows Update.

What was the build you used before the update finished?

In my case, I have my VM on 9926.  I did try all Windows Update builds (on "fast release" setting) and 10041 or 10049, it doesn't matter, both doesn't upgrade.  I also tried with a Full ISO of 10041 buiding a new VM, it doesn't work either.

Interesting.  What hypervisor ??

• 1 month later...

Anybody have success with later win 10 builds?  I see 10074, 10122, and 10130 are all now out. We must be getting near to final on win 10 real soon now.

I am currently on 10122 in my windows 10 VM.  However I got there by letting the system auto-update itself - not by directly installing that release. 

As I have not run the VM for a few days I will leave it running to see if it updates to a later build.

EDIT:  It looks as if it going through updating itself to build 10130.