[Solved] Upgraded from beta12 to beta15, now array won't start

BlacKCaT27

I updated my unRAID box from trial 6beta12 to trial 6beta15 today, restarted the machine, and ever since I booted back up my array refuses to start. Under Array Operation I see "Stopped: Invalid configuration." "Too many assigned devices or too many attachd devices. Please consider upgrading your registration key."

Prior to the restart, I spun the drives down (should I not have done that?)

I've triple-checked my array and cache devices and there's no extra drives assigned (there is an extra drive plugged into the motherboard, but it's marked as gray and unable to assign it). I have a parity drive and two disk drives assigned as always.

In the dashboard, one drive is reported a thumbs down SMART status with 384 reallocated sectors, but all SMART tests on that drive come back clean.

Finally, I checked the flash drive to see if there's a key file, and there's not, but I don't know if there's supposed to be one for the trial version.

Anyone have any idea what's going on or what else I could check on to fix things and get my array started?

Thanks

Thanks to both of you. That explains it. Really glad to see they added a new, cheaper option. Had kept the extra drive plugged in for if/when I decided to buy the $69 license but that seemed steep for my personal home use. More than happy to pay $29 though, especially given the new features :)

Bought the license and I'm back up and running.

Archived