I am blown away

ironicbadger

The rate of progress that's occurred in the last 8-9 months since I was here last has been nothing short of astonishing. Just goes to show the power of this community! I've discovered a whole host of really useful apps in the various template repo's posted here that I didn't even know existed, for this I think LT and the various container contributors should be highly commended.

Then we move onto running X apps inside a container, in the browser. This just totally blows my freakin' mind! I could have really used this as part of my MSc dissertation project last year!!! Ah well. Below is a file manager, running in a browser copying files from my NAS to my server. Amazing!

dolphin.png

I just wanted to write this shortish post to say well done and congratulations to everyone involved! v6 will be a triumph when we consider where we were 18 months ago! Happier than ever to be back.  8)

Here here!

Mad props to sparklyballs that setup and packaged the alpha in mere hours and Hernandito for the neat icon ;)Aptalca for the dolphin version and all the other guys whom participated in the discussion to bring an idea to fruition!

Here here!

Mad props to sparklyballs that setup and packaged the alpha in mere hours and Hernandito for the neat icon ;)Aptalca for the dolphin version and all the other guys whom participated in the discussion to bring an idea to fruition!

woah there, hurricane did all the grunt work and set things up, me and aptalca then took his work to do the easy bit and make containers from.

you're doing him a very great disservice by not mentioning him, perhaps unintentionally.

I am still hoping for an nZEDb Indexer Docker... There are a couple on the Docker Repo but they don't seem to work.  ???

That one looks like it's just a web app. Can't you just dump the files onto your cache drive and point your Apache docker to them? You then log into the Apache docker to run any of the comand lines. That's what I do to run newznab.

I am still hoping for an nZEDb Indexer Docker... There are a couple on the Docker Repo but they don't seem to work.  ???

That one looks like it's just a web app. Can't you just dump the files onto your cache drive and point your Apache docker to them? You then log into the Apache docker to run any of the comand lines. That's what I do to run newznab.

That's what I'd do too, to be honest I love docker containers but I'd rather install everthing into one Apache instance than run multiple containers.  Probably easier on resources too I would have thought.

There are a lot of dependencies... unrar, ffmpeg, znc, etc. I will try what you guys suggest... those dependencies could be manually added I assume.

i'm trying to get my head around musicbrainz container at the moment,

nzebd container could probably be split across two or even three containers.

i ran an indexer for a little while in two VM's a while back, following that guide incidentally , one for mysql and the other for everything else.

but sometimes i think some of the requests for dockers are better suited to VM's and this might be one.

There is a Apache plugin for V6. You could use it plus just dump whatever other packages you want into the boot/extra directory so they install at boot.

Otherwise, if you want it all contained in one install and all the extras included then a VM is the more logical choice.

... just dump whatever other packages you want into the boot/extra directory so they install at boot.

The recommendation for V6 is to get packages properly installed with the plugin via the plugin manager. Copying packages directly to /boot/extra - though convenient and quick - may lead to all kinds of conflicts.

I was able to copy the entire root on nZEDb from my old install into the Apache container. To the container, I added a bunch of packages... TO the point that I logged into the nZEDB setup screen, and I am meeting all the requirements. I did copy all the nzb files, which are gigs and gis of files (now in my cache/appadata folder.

The long process is imorting the database tables. The import is going on for over an hour. Once this is done, I will launch the adminsitrative screen to make sure I am pointing to external stuff OK. Things like unrar, lame, memcache, 7zip, mediainfo etc.

Then the last step is to fire up the live indexing part and I will then look at my CPU and memory usage.

Right now I have memory at 25% and CPU at arounf 34% (on the database import). Usually its t less than 5%.

I will keep posting updates.

Question: If/when my container is setup and working, with all these added dependencies, is there a way to export the container so I can re-add it without having to manually add everything?

Thanks.

Archived