mnt/user vs mnt/user0

What exactly is difference between mnt/user and mnt/user0? Do both hold the same content? Or is one holding content of array disks only while the other holds contents of array disks and cache disk. If I want to move data to a specific array disk is it then better to move from user or from user0?

What exactly is difference between mnt/user and mnt/user0? Do both hold the same content? Or is one holding content of array disks only while the other holds contents of array disks and cache disk. If I want to move data to a specific array disk is it then better to move from user or from user0?

user is the contents of user shares including any files still on cache. user0 is the contents of user shares not including any files still on cache.

The best way to move files on the server is from specific disk to specific disk to avoid the User Share Copy Bug.

A disk path should be used to avoid data loss, e.g "mv /mnt/disk1/share/myfile /mnt/disk2/destShare/". Copying between disk and user share can cause data loss

Archived