FR: Scheduler for dockers

snoopy86

I actually like this idea as many dockers do a job then stop.

I am not sure the demand would be high enough to code this though it should be easy enough with CRON.

Certaonly I would use it and I suspect other would find them using it once it existed as well

Nice post i completely missed that.

Just to understand does this only work with powerdown... or can this be done with any name.cron file in a folder located under /boot/config/plugins/Folder

This is an extremely useful feature if it really just reads any properly formated .cron file into the crontab... and I wish I had known about this sooner.

Nice post i completely missed that.

Just to understand does this only work with powerdown... or can this be done with any name.cron file in a folder located under /boot/config/plugins/Folder

This is an extremely useful feature if it really just reads any properly formated .cron file into the crontab... and I wish I had known about this sooner.

It doesn't only work with powerdown. That is why I said:

Note that this is more general purpose than the specific example. If you look in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix for example you will see .cron files for some things that are scheduled in the gui.

In fact, powerdown was just an example that happened to be what the user wanted in that thread.

Go ahead and look in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix as suggested for other examples. There you will see the .cron file for the scheduled parity check and others that are configured in the webgui.

I have not actually tried it, but the implication is that any .cron file beneath /boot/config/plugins will be put in crontab on bootup.

I have not actually tried it, but the implication is that any .cron file beneath /boot/config/plugins will be put in crontab on bootup.

Thanks for the info!

I'm going to have to mess with this some. This is extremely powerful information which I think can be pretty helpful.

Archived