Plex users with Cache drive question

Gragorg

I am looking into installing a SSD cache drive in my Server.  My question is if I copy movies or shows to my cache drive will Plex see them or do they have to be moved into the array first?  Currently I have a data drive and a Parity drive that won't spin down due to PMS. 

As long as you set Plex to see /mnt/user, then it will see it as soon as its copied to the cache dir.  If you would prefer to not allow Plex to see your media until its on the protected array, then you would allow Plex access to /mnt/user0.

Ok thanks.  So the user share could span onto the cache drive is what your saying?  That way from a PMS stand point it doesn't matter if the file is on the cache or the array.

That's exactly how /mnt/user/ works, it includes all array disks and the cache drive., For example movies stored in /mnt/disk1/Movies and /mnt/cache/Movies both would be included under /mnt/user/Movies.

This is how I am using Plex currently and there are no problems with this setup, and Plex is basically oblivious to what disk the movie is actually on.

Archived