HighPoint 620A

Good day all,

I am having trouble with a SATA controller card. This is the second one I am now working on and to no joy. I have been through the forums and settled on a HighPoint 620A as some users have posted that this works. However, I received mine last night, plugged it in and no drives appeared in UnRaid V6.0.0. I reviewed the forums in more detail to find that I need a script in order to initiate the card. Added the script and amended the GO script, rebooted and no joy. I am now at a loss on my second card, but some people have said it works out the box... How?

Anyone have one of these cards and managed to get them working?

Thanks in advance.

All,

I have confirmed that the card is POSTing and in the POST screen it is reading the WD drive that I have connected to it. I have also confirmed that this is reporting in my UnRAID config (see below line 02:00.0). I have tried that patch for AHCI cards and adding the script to my GO script to no joy... Really frustrated as my server build has ground to a halt as I cannot add any more drives to the server. This is my second SATA controller card and no to keen to purchase another.

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Controller

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family ME Interface #1

00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI Controller #2

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev d0)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev d0)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev d0)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev d0)

00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI Controller #1

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family Z97 LPC Controller

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller

02:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9120 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 12)

02:00.1 IDE interface: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE912x IDE Controller (rev 12)

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

04:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 41)

Can anyone offer some support please?

Hmmm I do wonder though if there is a subtle difference. I mean clearly they made a change to necessitate the model number change. I double checked my order history and this is indeed the card I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816115072

It is currently available at Amazon and Newegg. Though if you're not US perhaps it isn't available :( 

Another card I have, but which is in my windows machine is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005B0A6ZS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I mention it because it is an ASMEDIA card vice a Marvel card. IIRC it would have worked in UR when I bought (on sale for dirt cheap), but I ended up needing it in my PC before I needed it in my server. Then when I needed it in my sever, the 620 was "the" card to get at "the" price I wanted to pay :)

I think the 620A might have a bios that supports RAID 1 but the 620 is only JBOD.  If that is correct that is likely why the 620A wouldn't work but the 620 does.  Other than that I have no ideas.  Like jumperalex I went though my order history at newegg to find the link I posted.

I have triple checked that as that was the reason my other card didn't work... RAID. This card does not support RAID at all. I am so stuck... annoyed... etc.

Looks like you cannot even purchase a 620 in UK. This is going to drive me nuts I tell you  :'(

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried the card in a windows machine and that works. It is being picked up in UnRAID but it's just not showing me my drives. I have 2 5TB drives waiting to get in...

I also tried the script the ekly14 put together but still no joy....

any help please?