[DOCKER] Mythtv

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question hoping someone can answer (someone here knows, I'm certain  ;) ).

I'd like to export my MythTv recordings with (useful) proper file names.

There are instructions on how to do this here http://parker1.co.uk/blog/?p=182 for a normal Myth/Ubuntu install.

The part about old/new database is not needed.

It's basically run the perl script, and Myth will rename the files from the info in its database, and make a copy somewhere.

Can this be completed with this Docker? I fumbled around in the Docker with RDP but got nowhere.

Not certain if this can be done natively, or if running a perl script is even supported without adding a package.

Question hoping someone can answer (someone here knows, I'm certain  ;) ).

I'd like to export my MythTv recordings with (useful) proper file names.

There are instructions on how to do this here http://parker1.co.uk/blog/?p=182 for a normal Myth/Ubuntu install.

The part about old/new database is not needed.

It's basically run the perl script, and Myth will rename the files from the info in its database, and make a copy somewhere.

Can this be completed with this Docker? I fumbled around in the Docker with RDP but got nowhere.

Not certain if this can be done natively, or if running a perl script is even supported without adding a package.

Check out HandOfMyth. You can setup a User Job to be called when a recording is complete. In that way, MythTV passes the data to the script then you are free to then do what you want with the data. You can place it in /home/myth and have that bind mount to a path on your host so it doesn't need to be in the container. The User Job can be setup in MythWeb.

Check out HandOfMyth. You can setup a User Job to be called when a recording is complete. In that way, MythTV passes the data to the script then you are free to then do what you want with the data. You can place it in /home/myth and have that bind mount to a path on your host so it doesn't need to be in the container. The User Job can be setup in MythWeb.

Thanks!

Only question is, I just want to have this run once to export recordings as I'm moving over to camp TvHeadend (nothing particularly wrong with Myth/this Docker, but channel change speed and LiveTv loading is blazing fast in TvH). Therefore I don't need it to run after the recordings, just the one time. Sounds like it will do what I need though, and I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Only question is, I just want to have this run once to export recordings as I'm moving over to camp TvHeadend (nothing particularly wrong with Myth/this Docker, but channel change speed and LiveTv loading is blazing fast in TvH). Therefore I don't need it to run after the recordings, just the one time. Sounds like it will do what I need though, and I'll check it out.

Mythlink would give you proper show names that points to the mythtv numeric names.

Does TVHeadend support the automatic expiration of shows? Like Show A, keep 10 recordings, delete oldest to make room for new ones? Also, is it simple to just give it my Schedules Direct creds and it grabs my EPG and keep it updated? Also, does it have scripts that can remove commercials?

I wouldn't mind getting off mythTV also if I can find something that takes care of all those rules and also looks at the disk space and makes automated judgements on what to delete based on what I watched and the number of shows to keep I defined.

Thanks to this Docker, it is painless to get going, but anything ligther, simpler and faster that can match those aforementioned features is worth a look.

BTW - What is the best Docker implementation of TVH out there?

Mythlink would give you proper show names that points to the mythtv numeric names.

Does TVHeadend support the automatic expiration of shows? Like Show A, keep 10 recordings, delete oldest to make room for new ones? Also, is it simple to just give it my Schedules Direct creds and it grabs my EPG and keep it updated? Also, does it have scripts that can remove commercials?

I wouldn't mind getting off mythTV also if I can find something that takes care of all those rules and also looks at the disk space and makes automated judgements on what to delete based on what I watched and the number of shows to keep I defined.

Thanks to this Docker, it is painless to get going, but anything ligther, simpler and faster that can match those aforementioned features is worth a look.

Hope that helps.

That's a lot of questions, I only had 1... LOL

While this is a bit of thread derailment, I can answer some of them. For the others, hop over to the TvH thread and ask in there.

The best Docker/thread is located here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37671.0 Install (preferably) from Community Applications.

Does it support schedules direct? - Yes, easily - no. Meaning, it does support it natively, but setting it up is a bit of a cludge. For that specifically, look here (quoting myself here). http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37671.msg442261#msg442261 more info above that post.

Remove commercials, yes, but have not used it as of yet.

Expire recordings, I'm pretty certain yes, however wasn't spelled out exactly as "keep 10 recordings of XXX recording" however the specifics would be better asked in that thread, or better yet on the TvH forum or even the TvH subforum in Kodi.

Hope that helps.

That's a lot of questions, I only had 1... LOL

While this is a bit of thread derailment, I can answer some of them. For the others, hop over to the TvH thread and ask in there.

The best Docker/thread is located here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37671.0 Install (preferably) from Community Applications.

Does it support schedules direct? - Yes, easily - no. Meaning, it does support it natively, but setting it up is a bit of a cludge. For that specifically, look here (quoting myself here). http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37671.msg442261#msg442261 more info above that post.

Remove commercials, yes, but have not used it as of yet.

Expire recordings, I'm pretty certain yes, however wasn't spelled out exactly as "keep 10 recordings of XXX recording" however the specifics would be better asked in that thread, or better yet on the TvH forum or even the TvH subforum in Kodi.

Thanks....yes, I can ask for sure....just trying to hit the main points if there was some reference feature comparison already done. Those are the main things I can't live without as I depend on them....but the little reading I did do on TVH seems to want to include those "clugy" ways which I am not a fan of as they usually are the first to break in upgrades. Oh well, always tradeoffs. I appreciate your feedback and may give it a go since that is one thing that Docker makes easy (i.e. not messing up your host system).

• 2 weeks later...

I really need some help, I've gone over the setup video several times, tried building the docker several times, formatted drives etc...

My docker mappings do not seem to be taking effect.  I have an 120g SSD drive (unassigned device) which I have formatted (XFS) via unassigned devices and mounted as /mnt/disks/myth

my docker mappings are:

/home/mythtv  <->  /mnt/disks/myth

/db                  <->  /mnt/disks/myth/db

/var/lib/mythtv <->  /mnt/disks/myth/recordings

I connect to the docker using guacamole, I configure it, I map the Default storage directory to /var/lib/mythtv/recordings as in the video, I exit the myth config, I click no, I click no, I shutdown the docker, I start the docker.  I check the logs of the mythtv docker but I don't get all the printouts that SB gets in his video.  I can connect to the backend with my kodi, I can see live tv... however, it is recording to INSIDE the docker file.  I can not get the mappings to take effect.  When I open mythweb and check status it shows the disk as about 8gig. 

Maybe I've been staring at this from the same angle for too long, I need some ideas.... thanks.

Unless the disk is mounted before the docker service starts then there is no way that Myth can see it, hence why it is recording inside the container.

To check go to settings/docker and stop then start the service after you have mounted the disk in Unassigned Devices.

Unless the disk is mounted before the docker service starts then there is no way that Myth can see it, hence why it is recording inside the container.

To check go to settings/docker and stop then start the service after you have mounted the disk in Unassigned Devices.

You da man CHBMB!  I wasted so much time on this.... it's working now, something so simple.

Thanks 1000x

You da man CHBMB!  I wasted so much time on this.... it's working now, something so simple.

Thanks 1000x

I actually have my docker.img located on a disk mounted with unassigned devices.  So my docker service can't start until the disk is mounted.  Helps solve the problem when you reboot..

• 1 month later...

I have install and setup Mythtv

And i have problem when search for sattlite

I did follow your video and did what you did

I use TBS DVB card

When i want to search for sattlite i get (full scan (Tuned) )

And i did try to add some transponder but i get error !

I need a way to make mythtv  work and get channels

I have TBS Tuner DVB-s and I have 2 sat

1:Hotbird

2:Amos

I hope i get help

Might be an idea to try TVHeadend in the meantime to check the card is working and then it just becomes a matter of configuring MythTV.  Just an idea to eliminate a possibility...

I did already use tvheadend and its working :)

The problem with mythtv is tune the sattlite and whatever i do i get error

Note : When i was trying to setup mythtv i shutdown tvheadend to get the card work in mythtv

I would like to use mythtv for recording show and have mythtv commerical skip and live tv

I wish there was commerical skip in tvheadend for recorded tv :(

You'll need to reboot if you switch from tvheadend to mythtv and make sure that tvheadend isn't set to autostart.  I've found problems passing tuners back and forth between containers in the past so.

Stop TVHeadEnd and set to not autostart.

Reboot Unraid server

Try MythTV

May help....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Will there be a new version of this container with a more recent mythtv version?  I tried doing a apt-get update & upgrade a few weeks ago which worked to a significant extent but failed around database updates if I recall correctly.  I've deleted the instance again but will get back to looking at upgrading it again soon. 

I have a HD HomeRun, which is a network based IP tuner. However in bridge mode, mythtv-setup is unable to discover the tuner.

I also tried switching the container to host mode as I have read that for discovery to work it needs to be on the same network segment as the tuner.

However I am unable to login via xrdp when in host mode, ie i get login failed from the xrdp manager, even though I am using the correct credentials (mythtv/mythtv)

Thus my question is, has anyone had any success getting the HDHR working when the container is in bridged mode? If so, what steps did you take?

Or if host mode is the only option, what do i need to do to enable xrdp to accept remote sessions?

Thanks

However I am unable to login via xrdp when in host mode, ie i get login failed from the xrdp manager, even though I am using the correct credentials (mythtv/mythtv)

Thus my question is, has anyone had any success getting the HDHR working when the container is in bridged mode? If so, what steps did you take?

Or if host mode is the only option, what do i need to do to enable xrdp to accept remote sessions?

I have the same setup, with host mode networking.  The fact that you get this dialog coming up suggests that networking is okay and that you are connecting to an instance of xrdp - is it possible you have multiple instances running?  Another docker running for example - not even mythtv.  The first instance running will listen on the RDP port (3389) and later instances will fail to connect.