[Support] CouchPotato from LinuxServer

ironicbadger

I'm having a problem with couchpotato. It runs great for a while, then I connect and get nothing but a white screen. It still shows as running from the unraid dashboard, and if I try restarting it, it works again except that it takes me back to the setup wizard, and I can't get to the home screen (trying just takes me back to the wizard again). If I complete the wizard, my library and wanted movies are all still there, but it's annoying to have to go through this every day or 2. Another minor issue is that after completing the wizard none of the thumbnails are there anymore. I've attached my log. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

couchpotato.txt

I'm having a problem with couchpotato. It runs great for a while, then I connect and get nothing but a white screen. It still shows as running from the unraid dashboard, and if I try restarting it, it works again except that it takes me back to the setup wizard, and I can't get to the home screen (trying just takes me back to the wizard again). If I complete the wizard, my library and wanted movies are all still there, but it's annoying to have to go through this every day or 2. Another minor issue is that after completing the wizard none of the thumbnails are there anymore. I've attached my log. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

That is strange, I've been running this Docker for over a year now without any issues such as you describe. I do experience the thumbnail issue from time to time but this isn't exclusive to Dockers, I've had this when installed as a plugin or whatever so I presume its a foible (feature) of CP.

Perhaps you would share your experience over at the CP site? Also here please share you couchpotato.INI and tell us the settings you added the container with.

Looking through your logs a second time I notice that it complains about not being able to find config dir. Is your cache drive reliable? Is your docker.IMG corrupt? Have you deleted and redownloaded the container.

That line makes me suspect something like a hardware issue rather than an issue with this container. :)

Looking through your logs a second time I notice that it complains about not being able to find config dir. Is your cache drive reliable? Is your docker.IMG corrupt? Have you deleted and redownloaded the container.

That line makes me suspect something like a hardware issue rather than an issue with this container. :)

Hmm... This is certainly a possibility, especially since it's a fairly old drive, though Couchpotato seems to be the only thing giving me problems at the moment. I will try deleting and re-downloading to see if that helps.

Also, I'm not even close to a linux expert but I googled and found the command smartctl to check the drive for errors, and it found none (and of course the Unraid dashboard also shows 0 errors). I'll report back after I try re-downloading.

Thanks,

Mark

Another follow up here, I see where it's not finding the /config/data/cache directory (/config/data is there, but the cache directory is not), and I checked and indeed this does not exist. Should it have been created during the installation, or is this a directory that I need to create myself?

Thanks,

Mark

Another follow up here, I see where it's not finding the /config/data/cache directory (/config/data is there, but the cache directory is not), and I checked and indeed this does not exist. Should it have been created during the installation, or is this a directory that I need to create myself?

Ok, following up again, before re-installing I tried completing the wizard once again, and the missing directories are back. I'll see if the same thing happens again. It usually takes a day or so before it does, and if so I'll delete and re-install to see if that works.

Mark

Ok, following up again, before re-installing I tried completing the wizard once again, and the missing directories are back. I'll see if the same thing happens again. It usually takes a day or so before it does, and if so I'll delete and re-install to see if that works.

Mark

So it happened again this morning, and here's what appears to be happening. My /config directory is mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/couchpotato, where appdata is a cache-only share. When the wizard is completed, it creates a config.ini file in that directory, as well as a data directory, which contains the directories cache, custom_plugins, database, db_backup, and logs. At some point, however, the config.ini is getting deleted, as are all of the directories inside that data directory except database and logs. I'm not sure why those 2 directories are surviving when everything else is being deleted.

I'm going to delete this and re-add it now, but I'm not sure this is going to solve the problem. Any idea what is happening here? I also have sickrage and sabnzbd installed on the same drive and they are working fine, so I don't think it's the hd itself.

Thanks for all the guidance so far.

Mark

So it happened again this morning, and here's what appears to be happening. My /config directory is mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/couchpotato, where appdata is a cache-only share. When the wizard is completed, it creates a config.ini file in that directory, as well as a data directory, which contains the directories cache, custom_plugins, database, db_backup, and logs. At some point, however, the config.ini is getting deleted, as are all of the directories inside that data directory except database and logs. I'm not sure why those 2 directories are surviving when everything else is being deleted.

I'm going to delete this and re-add it now, but I'm not sure this is going to solve the problem. Any idea what is happening here? I also have sickrage and sabnzbd installed on the same drive and they are working fine, so I don't think it's the hd itself.

Alright, I think I answered my own question. Right after posting this, I checked the appdata share, and for whatever reason it was not a "cache-only" share. I am certain I had that set up correctly to begin with, so not sure what happened, but I corrected it. I think this should fix the issue. Thanks again for the help. I'll follow up if this problem comes back but I think this should fix it.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

A good way to tell is to look at how the auto updates are handled upon startup. For most of our containers this is handled with a script like this...

https://github.com/linuxserver/couchpotato/blob/master/init/20_update.sh

You can see here that if the code doesn't exist, it is fetched from github. The rest therefore is handled by the auto updater in the app.

If the init script looks like this one though, ie 'apt-get update...' Then its a container restart which is required.

https://github.com/linuxserver/smokeping/blob/master/init/90_update_apt.sh

So in short, there's no way to know without looking under the hood which app updates with which method. Unless we added that to the descriptions...

Thanks for all the hard work! I just tried using CP with AHD torrent tracker and I am getting an SSL error. Any ideas how I can resolve it?

[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Failed opening url in AwesomeHD: https://awesome-hd.net/searchapi.php?action=imdbsearch&passkey=xxx&imdb=tt2802144&internal=True Traceback (most recent call last):

SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077438:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal error

After looking around, it seems that the fusion base image has been updated to v17 and includes OpenSSL updates. Any chance this docker will be updated to use it?

Most likely when I get around too it. ( Should not affect you however)

Well in the first case it's also updated with a checkout if the code exist. Therefor a restart will also update the app

Am I missing something? checkout doesn't do a pull, it is a local operation.

you are right it should say git pull, not checkout

• 2 weeks later...

Having some issues now for the past few days.  Not sure if something updated or not, but it doesn't appear that a new build was pushed out.

Couch does launch, but webui never comes up.  The log file cycles over and over.  I have deleted the docker container, and image.  Also purged my config folder as well to eliminate any permissions issues or config.ini customizations. 

The only configuration that i've changed is the port from 5050 to 8085. 

Here's a snippet of the log where things seem to go wrong.

-----------------------------------
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 44
08-05 10:41:10 ERROR [31m[ato.core.helpers.variable] Couldn't remove empty directory /opt/couchpotato/.git/refs/tags: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/helpers/variable.py", line 348, in removePyc
os.rmdir(full_path)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/opt/couchpotato/.git/refs/tags'
[0m
08-05 10:41:10 ERROR [31m[ato.core.helpers.variable] Couldn't remove empty directory /opt/couchpotato/.git/objects/info: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/helpers/variable.py", line 348, in removePyc
os.rmdir(full_path)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/opt/couchpotato/.git/objects/info'
[0m
runCouchPotato(self.options, base_path, sys.argv[1:], data_dir = self.data_dir, log_dir = self.log_dir, Env = Env)
File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/runner.py", line 335, in runCouchPotato
server.listen(config['port'], config['host'])
File "/opt/couchpotato/libs/tornado/tcpserver.py", line 125, in listen
sockets = bind_sockets(port, address=address)
File "/opt/couchpotato/libs/tornado/netutil.py", line 145, in bind_sockets
sock.bind(sockaddr)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 98] Address already in use
Aug 5 10:46:21 b484e5d0251f syslog-ng[55]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
08-05 10:46:22 INFO [0m[ couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: _core[0m
08-05 10:46:22 INFO [0m[ couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: clientscript[0m
08-05 10:46:22 INFO [0m[ couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: desktop[0m
08-05 10:46:22 INFO [0m[ couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: downloader[0m
08-05 10:46:22 INFO [0m[ couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: scheduler[0m
08-05 10:46:22 INFO [0m[ couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: updater[0m

Having some issues now for the past few days.  Not sure if something updated or not, but it doesn't appear that a new build was pushed out.

Couch does launch, but webui never comes up.  The log file cycles over and over.  I have deleted the docker container, and image.  Also purged my config folder as well to eliminate any permissions issues or config.ini customizations. 

GID/UID

08-05 10:41:10 ERROR [31m[ato.core.helpers.variable] Couldn't remove empty directory /opt/couchpotato/.git/refs/tags: Traceback (most recent call last):
os.rmdir(full_path)
[0m
08-05 10:41:10 ERROR [31m[ato.core.helpers.variable] Couldn't remove empty directory /opt/couchpotato/.git/objects/info: Traceback (most recent call last):
os.rmdir(full_path)
[0m
runCouchPotato(self.options, base_path, sys.argv[1:], data_dir = self.data_dir, log_dir = self.log_dir, Env = Env)
sock.bind(sockaddr)
Aug 5 10:46:21 b484e5d0251f syslog-ng[55]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

I pushed an update that will fix this. Can you update and test for me?

GID/UID

os.rmdir(full_path)
[0m
os.rmdir(full_path)
[0m
sock.bind(sockaddr)

Now I am getting this error repeating itself in the log

python: can't open file '/opt/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file '/opt/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

GID/UID

os.rmdir(full_path)
[0m
os.rmdir(full_path)
[0m
sock.bind(sockaddr)

Now I am getting this error repeating itself in the log

I posted a little bit too quick, it hadn't finished processing the last update.  One more time :)

Archived